02-24-2023, 06:15 PM   #45
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
If the GM never gets back to you report them to BMW USA and save all your commutations with them.
I contacted BMW USA regarding a dealer with a $5K over MSRP policy without exception.

The response was a syrupy substance free Kamala Harris word salad which failed to address my concern.
Appreciate 2
SW192453.00
Clippy55.50
      02-24-2023, 06:32 PM   #46
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Contacting BMW NA is pointless as every BMW Center within the United States is independently owned with the exception of one, BMW of Manhattan. BMW NA is unable to take action so while one can vent their concern/frustration/displeasure to BMW of North America, nothing ever will come of it.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2023, 06:44 PM   #47
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Contacting BMW NA is pointless as every BMW Center within the United States is independently owned with the exception of one, BMW of Manhattan. BMW NA is unable to take action so while one can vent their concern/frustration/displeasure to BMW of North America, nothing ever will come of it.
Exactly. Same here in Canada. As long as the demand is high, HQ has no incentive meddling in independent dealers politics/shenanigans as long as they stay within the law. They sell the cars to the dealers (at invoice) and are already paid. I am sure there some lines not to cross but they probably tolerate a lot.

2023 G87 ///M2 (production began Jul 4th 2023)
2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | 6MT | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6675.00
      02-24-2023, 07:19 PM   #48
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
I get that they don't have any leverage when it comes to ADM, but for a dealer to give you an offer and then backout of it is a different matter altogether. Not saying they'd get them to honor the deal, but I'd think it would go against the dealership in some way with BMW would it not?
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2023, 07:58 PM   #49
Albator_IIII
Retired Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I get that they don't have any leverage when it comes to ADM, but for a dealer to give you an offer and then backout of it is a different matter altogether. Not saying they'd get them to honor the deal, but I'd think it would go against the dealership in some way with BMW would it not?
HQ doesn't care. I hate it too. It is despicable. What are customer going to do? Go to small claims court? What remedy are you seeking. The dealership with a dubious moral compass just don't care.

2023 G87 ///M2 (production began Jul 4th 2023)
2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | 6MT | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 01:18 AM   #50
sl0m0
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qballis View Post
Arrowhead is terrible. Non refundable deposits, sales staff that act like you’re a nuisance taking time from their day, forcing you to add LoJack to any car you buy for $500. Who is your sales rep?
I have already stated in this thread who my CA is, I haven't felt like a nuisance the slightest but, and have asked some silly stuff. I have not had the LoJack mentioned, not really worried about it. If it comes up I will address it, and if I can't sort it out, $500 for an actual product is much better than the 5k Chapman tried to throw on for absolutely nothing in return.

Soo... Terrible is not exactly how I'd categorize arrowhead, and none of your reasons for doing so seem of concern.

Out of the 4 bmw dealerships in az we have:
AutoNation in Tucson... It's AutoNation
Bmw North Scottsdale.... Possibly auctioning off hea
Chapman bmw (Chandler or PHX)... Wanted 5k for nothing extra, even after giving them a week to take into consideration the offers at other locations, and I've had tons of service done at the Chandler location.
Arrowhead bmw, no issues.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 07:10 AM   #51
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Division View Post
Try buying a 911. Porsche treat you like they just really can't be bothered.. if they do take your money, they're doing you a favour, so don't expect them to go out of their way or anything. If you do find a decent dealer, they will take your call from time to time and eventually a car will show up.
I’m buying my first 911 now. I have an allocation and production starts in May. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with my SA. He’s knowledgeable, straightforward, and just a nice guy. No ADM or any pre-delivery BS. I think there are good and bad with all brands, which I’m sure this thread will show.
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6675.00
Mike_H_263.00
      02-25-2023, 08:12 AM   #52
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
I’m buying my first 911 now. I have an allocation and production starts in May. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with my SA. He’s knowledgeable, straightforward, and just a nice guy. No ADM or any pre-delivery BS. I think there are good and bad with all brands, which I’m sure this thread will show.
Nice! What are your 992 specs?

Edit, How long did it take to get your allocation?

Last edited by T_U_D; 02-25-2023 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 08:19 AM   #53
robopp
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice! What are your 992 specs?
Thanks, I can’t wait! Porsche’s option list makes my head hurt and I keep waffling, but I think this is very close to what I’m going with - www.porsche-code.com/PPETAEV0 . Fundamentally, it’s a 992 Carrera T with RAS.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 08:28 AM   #54
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I can’t wait! Porsche’s option list makes my head hurt and I keep waffling, but I think this is very close to what I’m going with - www.porsche-code.com/PPETAEV0 . Fundamentally, it’s a 992 Carrera T with RAS.
Nice build! You may have not have seen my additional comment that I added above, but how long did it take to acquire your allocation?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it once you have received it. Has your dealer dealer given you an ETA for delivery?

Last edited by T_U_D; 02-25-2023 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 08:57 AM   #55
robopp
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice build! You may have not have seen my additional comment that I added above, but how long did it take to acquire your allocation?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it once you have received it. Has your dealer dealer given you an ETA for delivery?
Thanks! I got on the list at announcement in October at number 2. The dealership received one allocation in Nov. The first guy in the list got a GTS allocation and went with that instead of the Carrera T so I was given the allocation.
Porsche’s Track Your Dream is awesome and has all of the dates - lock is 4/3 and delivery is 6/9. TYD even posts pictures of the car being built at the factory. I plan on framing all the pictures they post in my garage.
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6675.00
CSBM52715.00
      02-25-2023, 09:07 AM   #56
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I got on the list at announcement in October at number 2. The dealership received one allocation in Nov. The first guy in the list got a GTS allocation and went with that instead of the Carrera T so I was given the allocation.
Porsche’s Track Your Dream is awesome and has all of the dates - lock is 4/3 and delivery is 6/9. TYD even posts pictures of the car being built at the factory. I plan on framing all the pictures they post in my garage.

Outstanding!

Yes, Porsche’s ‘Track Your Dream’ is vastly superior to what BMW offers their customers for tracking. Not surprising though as the two companies are truly apples versus oranges.
Appreciate 1
robopp1659.50
      02-25-2023, 01:13 PM   #57
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
The response was a syrupy substance free Kamala Harris word salad which failed to address my concern.
      02-25-2023, 03:09 PM   #58
M2Crew
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

The Good

BMW of the Woodlands - Called, confirmed availability of their HEA, and had it reserved over the phone within 15 minutes with a $2500 deposit. MSRP.
Appreciate 3
zero213249.00
xraymd308.50
blkbtyM2C175.50
      02-25-2023, 04:47 PM   #59
drew310
Rep
Drives: '20 M4

The Bad

Nick Alexander BMW - Called the day before and talked to Danny. He told me I could get an M2 at MSRP and asked me when I could come in. Scheduled time to meet him to start my build. When I got there he never showed up and the salesman they had me deal with told me there would be a 20k market adjustment.
Appreciate 2
      02-25-2023, 05:39 PM   #60
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew310 View Post
The Bad

Nick Alexander BMW - Called the day before and talked to Danny. He told me I could get an M2 at MSRP and asked me when I could come in. Scheduled time to meet him to start my build. When I got there he never showed up and the salesman they had me deal with told me there would be a 20k market adjustment.
Are you sure it’s not Dick Alexander?
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2023, 06:06 AM   #61
M Division
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M24, X6, R34 GTR

Quote:
I believe they different greatly form country to country. Here they tend to put the "count" into country.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 07:33 AM   #62
theblackfalcon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini JCW, Ford F150, BMW X545e

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Hendrick in Charlotte, NC is the same.
Hendrick in CLT shares allocation between Northlake and Independence I believe. They have been good, to deal with on multiple occasions, but not necessarily great. They have a captive market in town with no competition, and often don't put in much effort to make the sale. For that reason, I've purchased two BMW's out of town, and 2x at Hendrick now. Hendrick also packs on some fees on all their cars that other dealerships don't require. The same car at Hendrick will cost you $600-800 more than a MSRP car down road at some other BMW dealerships that don't fee pack. I was told I could have the #4 spot for a M2, and went in that afternoon to give deposit etc. and then was told I would be #14. I ordered from another dealership and have #3 spot. I had similar issue ordering X5 45e. I was told I was a certain position on the order list to get the car etc. A month later I had someone internal look up that list and I was ~10+ places further down their allocation then what the sales guy told me when I ordered. If I knew the truth when I signed build sheet gave deposit, I would have ordered from another dealership.
Appreciate 1
Biimmer70.00
      02-26-2023, 09:10 AM   #63
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackfalcon View Post
Hendrick in CLT shares allocation between Northlake and Independence I believe. They have been good, to deal with on multiple occasions, but not necessarily great. They have a captive market in town with no competition, and often don't put in much effort to make the sale. For that reason, I've purchased two BMW's out of town, and 2x at Hendrick now. Hendrick also packs on some fees on all their cars that other dealerships don't require. The same car at Hendrick will cost you $600-800 more than a MSRP car down road at some other BMW dealerships that don't fee pack. I was told I could have the #4 spot for a M2, and went in that afternoon to give deposit etc. and then was told I would be #14. I ordered from another dealership and have #3 spot. I had similar issue ordering X5 45e. I was told I was a certain position on the order list to get the car etc. A month later I had someone internal look up that list and I was ~10+ places further down their allocation then what the sales guy told me when I ordered. If I knew the truth when I signed build sheet gave deposit, I would have ordered from another dealership.
I feel you. We purchased our Arizona BMW in California and our New York BMW in Florida. In both cases local dealers were both unwilling and/or unable to reach a mutually satisfactory agreement with us. I believe in loyalty to any enterprise so long as it’s reciprocal.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 11:41 AM   #64
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan24c View Post
Kelly BMW (dealing with Bill Reifsteck) has been a pleasure to work with.
Another vote for Bill from Kelly BMW. I bought my G80 from him and he was great to work with throughout the whole process.
Appreciate 2
jordan24c128.00
spree44.50
      02-27-2023, 05:00 PM   #65
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

The Good: New Motors BMW in Erie PA. I owe massive thanks to a member here who referred me to this dealership and his CA, Robby to find my ZB 6MT HEA car. Robby and his management are straight shooters; they offered it to me at MSRP and I accepted. Now to decide whether to ship or make a road trip out of it.
Appreciate 2
zero213249.00
Rx-7ames1889.50
      02-28-2023, 02:54 AM   #66
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
The Good: New Motors BMW in Erie PA. I owe massive thanks to a member here who referred me to this dealership and his CA, Robby to find my ZB 6MT HEA car. Robby and his management are straight shooters; they offered it to me at MSRP and I accepted. Now to decide whether to ship or make a road trip out of it.
Road trip!!!
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4255.50