03-22-2023, 07:56 PM   #89
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Starting this thread as a place for everyone to share their G87 buying experience amongst BMWNA dealerships. The goal is to save G87 buyers time by putting a spotlight on what dealerships they should do business with and which ones they should avoid.

List your experience with any dealership/s you've dealt with trying to get a G87 and if they've been 'Good', 'Bad' or 'Ugly'.
  • The Good: Dealership that was willing to sell you a G87 at MSRP without any hidden fees or add-ons, put it in writing and will have it signed by the sales manager.
  • The Bad: Dealership that won't sell you a G87 without some ADM.
  • The Ugly: Stealership that is looking to outright fleece customers with outrageous ADMs.
Stopped by two dealerships today.
First one,: A front door greeter and I were discussing the m2 release and HEA delivery date very briefly and a 20 year old kid (bmw "genius" in the know) interrupted our conversation and said the HEA will be here in two weeks with a $10,000 mark-up and walked away.

Second dealership: Was ignored for a few minutes (i guess I look too young to get respect at a dealership) . Then I asked a C.A. about the HEA M2 expected delivery. He acted as though he had never heard of it and says it won't be here for at least 6 months. I said That's wierd, some dealerships are confirming delivery next week and week after. Again, he had no idea there might be an incoming M2 and added to me to the list when the car comes in...
      03-22-2023, 08:58 PM   #90
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
First one,: A front door greeter and I were discussing the m2 release and HEA delivery date very briefly and a 20 year old kid (bmw "genius" in the know) interrupted our conversation and said the HEA will be here in two weeks with a $10,000 mark-up and walked away.

Second dealership: Was ignored for a few minutes (i guess I look too young to get respect at a dealership) . Then I asked a C.A. about the HEA M2 expected delivery. He acted as though he had never heard of it and says it won't be here for at least 6 months. I said That's wierd, some dealerships are confirming delivery next week and week after. Again, he had no idea there might be an incoming M2 and added to me to the list when the car comes in...
There are some client advisors who just don't want to go through the hassle of selling an M2. If it isn't a high volume M dealer then it's one deal, maybe, at some time in the unknown future. There are clients that call every 2 days and ask for updates.

I'm not saying that I feel that way. It's about allocation of time and how people feel their time is best spent. Therefore, there are CAs who just say things like what you listed above. It's not right, but it's reality.
Appreciate 1
mtoosexy729.00
      03-22-2023, 09:01 PM   #91
CodeSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
There are some client advisors who just don't want to go through the hassle of selling an M2. If it isn't a high volume M dealer then it's one deal, maybe, at some time in the unknown future. There are clients that call every 2 days and ask for updates.

I'm not saying that I feel that way. It's about allocation of time and how people feel their time is best spent. Therefore, there are CAs who just say things like what you listed above. It's not right, but it's reality.
Yeah, when I worked in sales that was definitely a tactic, focus on sales you can get done quickly rather than the pain in the ass ones. Of course when times get tough and sales are hard to find it's often a losing strategy...
'17 Macan GTS + '23 M2 (MT)
Appreciate 1
Rx-7ames1891.00
      03-22-2023, 09:46 PM   #92
JA-06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post

I also felt looking to young for them, they kinda judge you and make you feel like you don’t belong here
I was literally told «So you are the one buying an M2? » with the most condescending voice you could get… Sorry for not being a 55yo buying his 218d AT lol
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2023, 12:47 AM   #93
cmgbk75
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, G26, E46, Mk6 5K

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.66]
2022 i4 40  [8.33]
2001 325Cic  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA-06 View Post
I also felt looking to young for them, they kinda judge you and make you feel like you don’t belong here
I was literally told «So you are the one buying an M2? » with the most condescending voice you could get… Sorry for not being a 55yo buying his 218d AT lol
At least you could get a Diesel.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 06:31 PM   #94
LC200HE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lc200HE

Deposit placed in 2021, several emails I’m number one will have first allocation. 1622 hours this day, I get the call the dealer obtained an allocation, it is yours do you want to make any changes. 1814 hours the same day I get a vm stating sorry an error was made, a person put a deposit down one month before you. The deposit wasn’t on our list of deposits but you have been moved to number two. Don’t worry you won’t get bumped down to three. .
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2023, 07:04 PM   #95
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC200HE View Post
Deposit placed in 2021, several emails I’m number one will have first allocation. 1622 hours this day, I get the call the dealer obtained an allocation, it is yours do you want to make any changes. 1814 hours the same day I get a vm stating sorry an error was made, a person put a deposit down one month before you. The deposit wasn’t on our list of deposits but you have been moved to number two. Don’t worry you won’t get bumped down to three. .
This really sucks but unfortunately there's probably not much you can do. It could have simply been a mistake. It could have been malicious. Who knows? But no matter what, you are better off staying where you are next in line. Going to another dealer will just out you at the end of the line. Publicly blasting the dealer, for what could be an oversight, isn't going to help keep friends. Maybe you can try and get some sort of compensation. Complimentary floor mats or ppf maybe.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 08:11 PM   #96
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbtyM2C View Post
The Ugly: BMW of Houston North.

They want $20k ADM plus $400 Tint for their HEA. Obviously they aren't getting that because the preceding email said

Seems they want to auction it to the highest bidder unless someone agrees to $20k ADM
JFC.

Advantage Midtown offered me their HEA for $5k (I politely declined) and I’m getting their first allocation for MSRP and free window tint.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 08:16 PM   #97
blkbtyM2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Civic Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
JFC.

Advantage Midtown offered me their HEA for $5k (I politely declined) and I’m getting their first allocation for MSRP and free window tint.
I was intending to ask you what dealer you are working with. Advantage Clear Lake wants $5k on their HEA too. Didn't bother asking either about their current list since I'm already on a list in Grapevine.

Clear Lake rubs me the wrong way every time even though the CA I talk to is cool. Midtown straight up ignored me when I went to go buy a used F87. Had to walk over to new cars and hunt down the person who was on my internet inquiry to have him go verify the car had been sold
Appreciate 1
AndyinHou479.00
      03-24-2023, 08:25 PM   #98
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbtyM2C View Post
I was intending to ask you what dealer you are working with. Advantage Clear Lake wants $5k on their HEA too. Didn't bother asking either about their current list since I'm already on a list in Grapevine.

Clear Lake rubs me the wrong way every time even though the CA I talk to is cool. Midtown straight up ignored me when I went to go buy a used F87. Had to walk over to new cars and hunt down the person who was on my internet inquiry to have him go verify the car had been sold
That sucks, I’m sorry.

My original CA was a regular at the bar I ran in Midtown, and when he left he passed me on to Yaz, who is a gem as well.

And I don’t like getting my passport stamped, so I try not to go down to Clear Lake unless I’m going to Rosewater or Nobi!
Appreciate 1
blkbtyM2C175.50
      03-24-2023, 08:42 PM   #99
LC200HE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lc200HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
This really sucks but unfortunately there's probably not much you can do. It could have simply been a mistake. It could have been malicious. Who knows? But no matter what, you are better off staying where you are next in line. Going to another dealer will just out you at the end of the line. Publicly blasting the dealer, for what could be an oversight, isn't going to help keep friends. Maybe you can try and get some sort of compensation. Complimentary floor mats or ppf maybe.

Im not going to blast anyone. Typing here is all the venting I’m going to do. April fools just came a bit early for me. As for me staying on the list, that will be determined by the dealer. I left an email stating what happened and if they are not going to do anything to make it right (some type of compensation) then for them to refund my deposit. To be honest, I was torn between this and two other cars. I then narrowed it down to the m2 or gt4. If they don’t do anything I’ll take it as a sign that i belong in a gt4. Beside I already own my dream car which is a modified 21 lc200 HE.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Rx-7ames1891.00
      03-24-2023, 08:45 PM   #100
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Im not going to blast anyone. Typing here is all the venting I’m going to do. April fools just came a bit early for me. As for me staying on the list, that will be determined by the dealer. I left an email stating what happened and if they are not going to do anything to make it right (some type of compensation) then for them to refund my deposit. To be honest, I was torn between this and two other cars. I then narrowed it down to the m2 or gt4. If they don’t do anything I’ll take it as a sign that i belong in a gt4.
I'm really sorry it happened to you. I've seen simple mistakes at the dealership ruin deals. It sucks when someone else ruins a deal for me and I end up with an unhappy customer. I hope it works out!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 08:54 PM   #101
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Im not going to blast anyone. Typing here is all the venting I’m going to do. April fools just came a bit early for me. As for me staying on the list, that will be determined by the dealer. I left an email stating what happened and if they are not going to do anything to make it right (some type of compensation) then for them to refund my deposit. To be honest, I was torn between this and two other cars. I then narrowed it down to the m2 or gt4. If they don’t do anything I’ll take it as a sign that i belong in a gt4. Beside I already own my dream car which is a modified 21 lc200 HE.

Unfortunately your wait for a GT4 may be a lengthy one.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 11:35 PM   #102
JA-06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgbk75 View Post
At least you could get a Diesel.
Yes, lemme buy a car that will be banned in the next 1-2 years when I wanna enter a major city like Paris
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 06:30 PM   #103
blkbtyM2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Civic Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
That sucks, I’m sorry.

My original CA was a regular at the bar I ran in Midtown, and when he left he passed me on to Yaz, who is a gem as well.

And I don’t like getting my passport stamped, so I try not to go down to Clear Lake unless I’m going to Rosewater or Nobi!
clear lake is not that far from midtown I'd be open to re-visiting midtown for sales in the future since that's where I do service anyways but Clear Lake location will likely always be a pass.
Appreciate 1
AndyinHou479.00
      03-26-2023, 07:27 PM   #104
akhbhaat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M318ti Type-R Turbo S

Quote:
To be honest, I was torn between this and two other cars. I then narrowed it down to the m2 or gt4. If they don’t do anything I’ll take it as a sign that i belong in a gt4. Beside I already own my dream car which is a modified 21 lc200 HE.
The GT4 and M2 couldn't be more different. They're both fun, but in completely different ways. Hammer vs. scalpel.

I understand why people cross shop them (because I once did it myself, mainly out of ignorance), but the truth is that you're going to have a huge preference for one or the other once you actually drive them. It shouldn't be a difficult decision. In my case several years ago, it was F87 M2C vs. 981 GT4, and the 981 won easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Unfortunately your wait for a GT4 may be a lengthy one.
New GT4 allocations have already run out. GT4RS only from summer forward. I wouldn't want a 2023 build standard GT4 anyhow; you can't get any of the desirable options on them (like buckets). Porsche is apparently hoarding these for the 4RS builds.

But there are plenty of lightly used cars out there right now.
      03-28-2023, 11:43 PM   #105
alan7467
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Sketchers

I’ve got good and bad to report for Schomp BMW in Highlands Ranch, CO (near Denver).

First the good: the sales rep I’ve been talking with has been friendly and professional. He also confirmed that they will be allowing test drives of their HEA allocation once it arrives.

The bad: they’re charging ADM on all of their M2 orders.

With that news I conveyed that I’m not interested in pursuing an order with them. The CA assured me that most dealers are charging markups and that this won’t change anytime soon (meanwhile I’m aware of at least two Denver area dealers that aren’t charging ADM).

Furthermore, and not surprisingly, I was told an order placed now would take a year or more for delivery. That one’s not a bad, just reality.

Obviously I missed the boat on getting one of these cars anytime soon, and I can’t say that I’m convinced that I even want to until I get to drive one. So I’ve resigned myself to just wait it out and revisit the car sometime in the future.

Best of luck to everyone else in their purchasing efforts.
      03-29-2023, 01:59 PM   #106
JG13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E39 M5, G87 M2 6MT

I've got the good on Valley BMW in California. No ADM, $5000 deposit and I'd be number #4 on the waitlist.

They have yet to take my money or provide me anything in writing so that is the next step.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 10:06 PM   #107
1stM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

BMW of murrieta in riverside CA is the GOOD. The dealer does not do ADM. I put 1K refundable deposit. I spec'ed out the M2 with MSRP, got the order in their system, and submitted into the BMW order bank. I'm number 22. It's going to be a long wait but it's all good.
Appreciate 3
      03-30-2023, 10:24 AM   #108
JG13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E39 M5, G87 M2 6MT

Interesting my dealership wants a $5000 deposit vs others asking for $1000 or $500.

But for me I didn't even think twice. The only way I'm not getting this car is if BMW themselves backs out.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2023, 10:28 AM   #109
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG13 View Post
Interesting my dealership wants a $5000 deposit vs others asking for $1000 or $500.

But for me I didn't even think twice. The only way I'm not getting this car is if BMW themselves backs out.
Locally they will ask for 5k if a build is imminent. 1k if it's to get on a list with unknown duration.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 10:33 AM   #110
cmgbk75
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, G26, E46, Mk6 5K

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.66]
2022 i4 40  [8.33]
2001 325Cic  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG13 View Post

I placed an initial $500 with placing my name on their list last April, then $5000 when I signed off on the build with the allocation/production number and got approved for Financing. Different Centers do it differently but I felt exactly the same as you.
Appreciate 0