E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 320d 2010 Steering rack from AliExpress

Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #1
beamerfirst
Rep
Drives: Fiat Linea TJet, BMW 320d E90

E90 320d 2010 Steering rack from AliExpress

Friends,
Last week I felt my E90 steering was a bit tighter than usual. I did not pay much attention as it is quite normal feel for the hydraulic. I went for a short trip and while return home, the car started making strange noise and I could feel it on the steering wheel. I immediately stopped and looked at my power steering reservoir. Found that it was fully drained out. There was hydraulic oil all over the bottom of the engine bay.

Took it to a trusted mechanic and he confirmed that the rack is leaking and needs to be replaced. He also indicated some sound from the hydraulic pump, and suggested to replace that as well. He is having a tough time sourcing these parts.

The steering rack part number is 6777461 (RHD model)

I checked these online and found it on AliExpress.

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/10050...yAdapt=glo2vnm

Question : Has anyone ordered BMW parts from AliExpress?

The part is available here and the new one costs about EUR 480. Seems like a good bargain. But I am a bit doubtful about the quality.

Has anyone got any experience with this product from China?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #2
doit659
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Coupe

You should be doubtful.

You own a precision manufactured German automobile that you KNOW is been over-engineered to tolerances that most vehicles do not have to endure.

And NOW, to save money, you are about to strap onto this car non-OEM parts MADE IN CHINA.

To save money on this investment in this car.

First issue, the fitment will be wrong. Good luck fitting it to your car. I have seen too many people on YouTube getting this junk and not having it install since it is out of spec.

Second, the metallurgy will be probably so out of spec that it will fail at some point.

Spend your money as you desire, and in my personal opinion, you will regret the day you bought that junk from "AliExpress".
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:07 AM   #3
beamerfirst
Rep
Drives: Fiat Linea TJet, BMW 320d E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by doit659 View Post
You should be doubtful.

You own a precision manufactured German automobile that you KNOW is been over-engineered to tolerances that most vehicles do not have to endure.

And NOW, to save money, you are about to strap onto this car non-OEM parts MADE IN CHINA.

To save money on this investment in this car.

First issue, the fitment will be wrong. Good luck fitting it to your car. I have seen too many people on YouTube getting this junk and not having it install since it is out of spec.

Second, the metallurgy will be probably so out of spec that it will fail at some point.

Spend your money as you desire, and in my personal opinion, you will regret the day you bought that junk from "AliExpress".
Thanks for your advise. I was also doubtful. i will stick with OEM parts and bite the bullet with extra money.
Appreciate 0