E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Danger, Do not drink beer while reading this

03-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Danger, Do not drink beer while reading this

Put down all tinnies, danger of DEATH by drowning I just had to pass on this story from the UK off topic thread, ENJOY.

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer.

The effects of the Tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety...??

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home... I loaded two AAA batteries in the darnn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.

AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and then thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.

Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and Tazer in another.

The directions said that: a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.

Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it.

I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. WHAT THE... !!!

I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs! The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note:
If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Tazer, one note of caution:

There is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor! A three second burst would be considered conservative!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.

My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace.The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.Apparently I had
cra**ed in my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair.

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Gold, couldn't stop laughing reading this.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
MarcoE93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW coral red E93

Ong I have never laughed that hard in my life. I can't believe you did that. Not gonna lie I'd be currious too. But dam. Cool story bro
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

LMFAO, best post of the week imho
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

GOLD!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

ROFL!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

lol.
I would have tried it on the cat.....
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
lol.
I would have tried it on the cat.....
I can just imaging the story now. 'I was like just walking along and for some reason the cat decided to attack my leg and I fell, as I fell the zapper and cat became one and PPPPOOOOOOOOOOOFFFF. I collected all the fur I could dear
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Nah man. When you accidentally kill a cat, you get rid of all the evidence and just say you don't where it is. I am totally not speaking from experience......

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
Nah man. When you accidentally kill a cat, you get rid of all the evidence and just say you don't where it is. I am totally not speaking from experience......

I thought that was only for neighbours dogs/rabbits your looking after
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

I didn't find it that funny.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Hahahaha ohhh god this reminds me of when I did it many years back, I zapped myself and the shock felt damn near like getting shocked with a thousand bbs at once (a shotgun ?) And I ended peeing myself. After being blacked out for I'm not too sure how long, I regained my vision and mobility. My girlfriend came in and those I got shot so she freakked out and long story short, I may or may not have voided my bowels as you did OP lol
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Seen this joke elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
""my wife Julie"" very British having lived there for over 20 years. Copied from Ali G who often says "" me Julie""
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
pavo335
Banned
Rep

I don't think anyone thought it was true (well except for any Kiwis and tasmanians around) still funny though. kinda reminds me of the story the comes up every so often about the bloke who thinks his wife/girlfriend is cheating on him, so he follows her in the car but can't keep up and in the end says 'so what tune will enable me to catch her.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Good to see some of you guys have a sense of humour, shame about the rest. when you read it, just imagine your stupid mate doing this, "it helps"

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0