E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Occasional Misfires at High load and high gear

Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #1
string_money
Registered
Rep
Drives: N/A

Occasional Misfires at High load and high gear

2009 6mt
N54
stock turbos
upgraded CP & BOV
Upgraded FMIC
DPs
85k miles

Ocassionally getting a misfire at high load in higher gears like 3 or especially 4. Took a log of a 4th gear pull where the misfires occurred. Sometimes these misfires throw the car into limp, this one didn’t.

Suspecting fueling issue, possible fuel supply issue as i graphed the logs and see a fluctuation in my rail pressure under load. Unsure if it’s my LP or HPFP. HPFP was replaced in years past by bmw.

Injectors are a mix of 7s and 8s.

Sometimes when i go in the garage the following day after driving the car, i do smell some fuel. Hoping this is just fuel in the DPS or something. I also have some machinery in the garage so really praying it’s not injectors.

link to datazap log

Last edited by string_money; Yesterday at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0