bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

08-28-2023, 07:39 AM   #1
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw M240i

oil level measurement inactive message

Excuse the dusty picture 😉.

I seem to get the message in the picture whenever I do the remote start with the key fob or the bmw app. When I am in the car and use the in car start/stop butting, the message doesn’t appear.

If I drive off after having done a remote start, the message doesn’t disappear, regardless of how warm the oil gets or mileage etc, so I don’t think it’s a warming up issue etc.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? The local bmw dealer is also not quite sure because they say this is the first time they have seen the message with the new ID software.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 02:12 PM   #2
M2siast
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Hope this is incorrect: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1916292
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 02:24 PM   #3
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw M240i

Mm.. interesting thread. I am not sure if it’s the same as my case though, because it works fine when I start the car with the start/stop button, just not with the key fob/app.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 03:54 PM   #4
G42UPRA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Curious if you found out why this was happening and if it resolved itself or did you have to take it into the service center?

Just had this occur today myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #5
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by G42UPRA View Post
Curious if you found out why this was happening and if it resolved itself or did you have to take it into the service center?

Just had this occur today myself.
As possible explanation...

Had an over the air update applied to my M2 the other night. Agreed to have this done while the car was parked in the garage and of course the engine off and the car locked.

Next day the update had been applied and things were almost normal. But I noticed the auto stop/start feature was not disabled as it had been before upon engine start.

Long story short I reset the car's electronics -- at least part of it -- by holding down the radio volume button for a long time: I think I read somewhere it needs to be held down 70 seconds.

After the reset things were back to normal.

I note my new 2024 230i xDrive is due an update. Will have this applied maybe today. But I won't mess around but as soon as I can reset the electronics via the radio volume button procedure.
Appreciate 0