BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

04-08-2022, 06:43 PM   #1
harcos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 240i xdrive

European orders (excluding the British Isles), dates and delivery times

Hello,
I see a lot of threads on US and UK orders but not a lot in Europe (mainland).
It seems that several deliveries have taken place recently in the US and UK, and that several (new) members are asking for the delays, although they ordered 1 or 2 weeks ago.

First of all, I don't think the "allowance" system is the same with them.
Also, they can track production with VIN while we can't.
It also seems that this tracking is not very up-to-date or reliable.

In short, ordered 240i at the end of January and indicated that production in April for delivery in June. (without HUD ACC HK and usual restrictions on passenger lumbar support and bluetooth)
If we moved on to the next production, the delivery time would probably be postponed to October.
So I had to decide quite "quickly".
And when I read that the production after June will have the Ixdrive8, I really hope that mine will arrive before!

For European orders, what delivery times have you received (and when did you orfder ? ) ?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 04:07 AM   #2
Nicolas05
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW g42 M240i

Ordered 24 september 2021.
Production date 10th december 2021.
Arrived at the dealer on april 1st 2022.
Taking delivery next week. (On holidays now)

It is one of the very first customer ordered 2 series in Belgium.

It has taken a hell of a lot of time in transport. Almost 3 months. Looked absolutely filty when arriving at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 05:09 AM   #3
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas05 View Post
Ordered 24 september 2021.
Production date 10th december 2021.
Arrived at the dealer on april 1st 2022.
Taking delivery next week. (On holidays now)

It is one of the very first customer ordered 2 series in Belgium.

It has taken a hell of a lot of time in transport. Almost 3 months. Looked absolutely filty when arriving at the dealer.
Hi Nicolas,

Let's hope that your pleasure will be proportional to the expectation... and sure that your car will probably be unique here
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 06:52 AM   #4
Nicolas05
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW g42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcos View Post
Hi Nicolas,

Let's hope that your pleasure will be proportional to the expectation... and sure that your car will probably be unique here
Thanks man! Very kind.
Lets hope so…
It’s getting the Full M-performance interior and exterior body kit at the moment together with the 20” m-performance wheels, lowering kit and spacers.
So unique, it will definetly be around here

Sooo happy it’s finally almost done.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 07:53 AM   #5
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

To answer Kevin3433 post (https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...879389&page=43 :
I’ve read a lot about shipments to the US.
My car should be on a boat towards Belgium/Germany. Is it indeed so that cars for Belgium are going through Bremerhaven? And than afterwords with a truck to Belgium? Any idea why that is? And is there a long transit between arriving at Bremerhaven and leaving to Belgium? Thanks a lot!

I could indeed understand that they were going to Bremerhaven for a quality control.
A Belgian colleague who recently received his car followed this path to then go to Zeebrugge.
He then had to wait several weeks before a truck wanted to take him to his dealership.
If he reads me, he can confirm ;o)

Otherwise, how do you know she's on the boat and when did you order?
On my side, I resist not to ask in order not to have bad news (I received a generic email to inform that BMW had delays due to the situation in Europe and the shortage of parts)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:21 AM   #6
Kevin3433
Rep
Drives: 120i

Ordered in January, production finalised 23/03, and according to my dealer at the moment on a boat from Mexico. Expected delivery is 18/05. No idea is that would be feasible…
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:39 AM   #7
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin3433 View Post
Ordered in January, production finalised 23/03, and according to my dealer at the moment on a boat from Mexico. Expected delivery is 18/05. No idea is that would be feasible…
I also ordered at the end of January and was told it would be for production in April, delivery June (early June if all goes well).

Mine may be there too, hopefully?

I would bet perhaps on the Toledo, from a company that works with BMW, and which left Altamira on 04/01 with 3 stopovers on the US east coast before arriving tomorrow in Germany
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:44 AM   #8
Kevin3433
Rep

Quote:
I also ordered at the end of January and was told it would be for production in April, delivery June (early June if all goes well).

Mine may be there too, hopefully?

I would bet perhaps on the Toledo, from a company that works with BMW, and which left Altamira on 04/01 with 3 stopovers on the US east coast before arriving tomorrow in Germany
Yes I saw as well the Toledo, but he left 30/03 already… since my car is produced the 23th, not sure if that’s sufficient time to get to the port..
was there a reason for that weeks delay from Bremerhaven to Belgium? I assume straight to the dealer ?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:47 AM   #9
bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i 2022

I ordered it 3rd of September of 2021.

It was built on MARCH 2022.

Right now is in transit from Mexico to Europe...

Apparently now times are a bit better since i ordered it when the orders were 100% dedicated to USA... now seems they are allocating way more production to Europe...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:58 AM   #10
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

Maybe a good thing that the first models were shipped to the US (youth disease)...

@Kevin: it was in Zeebrugge that it got stuck, waiting for transport to the concession. I don't know the duration between Bremerhaven and Zeebrugge but apparently the quality control is quite fast.

Several East Coast owners have been delivered recently so I assume G42s are on the Toledo currently
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 10:13 AM   #11
Kevin3433
Rep

Quote:
Maybe a good thing that the first models were shipped to the US (youth disease)...

@Kevin: it was in Zeebrugge that it got stuck, waiting for transport to the concession. I don't know the duration between Bremerhaven and Zeebrugge but apparently the quality control is quite fast.

Several East Coast owners have been delivered recently so I assume G42s are on the Toledo currently
Thanks 😊
From Bremerhaven to Zeebrugge is again by boat?
So if all goes well, an 18th of May delivery is very much possibe 🫰
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 10:23 AM   #12
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks 😊
From Bremerhaven to Zeebrugge is again by boat?
So if all goes well, an 18th of May delivery is very much possibe 🫰
I guess yes it is two ports
IF she is indeed on a boat, which even left Mexico today, yes 05/18 is plausible
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 10:25 AM   #13
Kevin3433
Rep

Quote:
I guess yes it is two ports
IF she is indeed on a boat, which even left Mexico today, yes 05/18 is plausible
Yes it’s a pity we don’t have the same kinda tracking system as in the US.
Not even sure if the dealer himself can be 100% sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 11:02 AM   #14
bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i 2022

Quote:
Yes it’s a pity we don’t have the same kinda tracking system as in the US.
Not even sure if the dealer himself can be 100% sure.
I've seen the tracking page the dealer has and literally he has perfect knowledge of status code so very similar to what US tracking system offers.

Dealer also has an estimation of the delivery date for the client, but according to my dealer that is not very very reliable in lasts months (covid+war).

I monthly request my dealer that he sends me an screenshot of his system. So I can see with my eyes the status code.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 11:16 AM   #15
Kevin3433
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwloverm2 View Post
I've seen the tracking page the dealer has and literally he has perfect knowledge of status code so very similar to what US tracking system offers.

Dealer also has an estimation of the delivery date for the client, but according to my dealer that is not very very reliable in lasts months (covid+war).

I monthly request my dealer that he sends me an screenshot of his system. So I can see with my eyes the status code.
Would love to ask that as well but I feel that I’m already a very annoying customer hahah, don’t want to give him now the feeling I don’t trust his words 😝
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 08:05 AM   #16
matheo_nyo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Hello, I have also placed my order at the beginning of April 2022.

Now after only 2-3 weeks, I want to add the M illuminated accents. The dealership says that if I decide to go ahead, it will delay the arrival of the car until the end of the year because of chip shortages. If I keep my order as it is, I will get the car beginning of July.

This does not even make sense. The car is almost fully loaded but is the M accents that they will cause a 6 month delay?

Very different to what I see here from other people if I can get the car in ~3 months. What do you guys think? Are they bullsh**ing me? Is it possible to have shortages on the M lights instead of e.g. the adaptive CC or harman kardon?

Last edited by matheo_nyo; 04-22-2022 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Grammar correction
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 08:14 AM   #17
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

Honestly, I have no idea.
I think that time the car does not have VIN assigned, it is possible to modify it.
As far as I'm concerned, I don't take the risk of modifying that much.
I would be too afraid to have the 2023 model with possibly Idrive8.

You can certainly add these lights later at your dealership: didn't you ask them?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 09:59 AM   #18
matheo_nyo
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, I have no idea.
I think that time the car does not have VIN assigned, it is possible to modify it.
As far as I'm concerned, I don't take the risk of modifying that much.
I would be too afraid to have the 2023 model with possibly Idrive8.

You can certainly add these lights later at your dealership: didn't you ask them?
Of course I did. Their reply was that if possible, it would be extremely expensive. I do not see how but anyway that is what I got from them.

I also agree about not changing the configuration too much but how can I expect the specification to already be locked(?) only 2-3 weeks after the order? When I placed the order, the estimation for collection was around September.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #19
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matheo_nyo View Post
Of course I did. Their reply was that if possible, it would be extremely expensive. I do not see how but anyway that is what I got from them.

I also agree about not changing the configuration too much but how can I expect the specification to already be locked(?) only 2-3 weeks after the order? When I placed the order, the estimation for collection was around September.
July or September...?
You have to ask the seller or the genius product for the current code of the vehicle and depending on it, he will be able to tell you where it is
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 04:09 AM   #20
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

Damned
Currently production scheduled for June
"It can still move" I hope in a good way!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 06:12 AM   #21
david1006
Rep

Think I’m getting close to the end of a long wait as well!

Ordered: September 13, 2021
Production date: March 11, 2022
“On the way”: March 18, 2022

I’m guessing it was on the Toledo that arrived in Bremerhaven a few days ago. I’m waiting for an email back from the dealer to see if the status has changed. Only a 12 hour drive from Bremerhaven to Budapest so hopefully not too much longer!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 06:38 AM   #22
harcos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1006 View Post
Think I’m getting close to the end of a long wait as well!

Ordered: September 13, 2021
Production date: March 11, 2022
“On the way”: March 18, 2022

I’m guessing it was on the Toledo that arrived in Bremerhaven a few days ago. I’m waiting for an email back from the dealer to see if the status has changed. Only a 12 hour drive from Bremerhaven to Budapest so hopefully not too much longer!
I do hope for you that he was on the Toledo.
From my side, I hope it will still be a 2022 model
Appreciate 0