E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Wires to Fog & TPMS connectors was dinner!

Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #1
MattHey
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Wires to Fog & TPMS connectors was dinner!

I have a 2009 e90 328i LCI sedan and it appears that a critter chewed through the wire harness for the fog lamp and TPMS transponder inside the drivers side wheel well. I have attached pictures of both wire connectors. Has anyone had experience taking them apart to run new wire in them? Or should I buy new ones with a longer pigtail? Off-brand is roughly $15 and OE is $80+. I live far from any salvage yard or I'd go picking.
Thank You!

Here's the silver lining... I had a nagging TPMS dash light that I couldn't resolve. I also had (what i thought) a burned out lamp bulb so I went to replace it and voila. I will kill two birds with one stone, uh or two connectors.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #2
jsunma
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 328iT 6MT RWD

I have a 2008 328i E91, so my part numbers may be a bit different (but from what I can tell on Real OEM, these part number go through 2012), but what I think you need for the TPMS plug and wire is:

61138365356 = the plug
61138365356 = the wire (and you need 3 of those)

From FCP, the plug is under $6 and the wire is under $5.

I didn't look it up, but there would be equivalent parts for the fog light connectors. BMW has part numbers for all replacement connectors and wires like this. Most are somewhat universal, so the trick is to find the proper component on the Real OEM parts diagrams and then get the part number.

Here's the diagram for the TPMS (again, this is for my car, you should look up yours to be sure of the numbers): https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=36_1105

If the critters had left you enough wire coming out of the plug, I'd just suggest splicing, but it looks like they chewed it off in the worst possible place for that.

What I'm not sure is if you can disassemble the existing connector and just insert new wire and pins. The part number for the plug is for a replacement plug and that's designed to have new wire/pins inserted.

Anyway, there are parts that will fix you up. And then get a cat.

Last edited by jsunma; Yesterday at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I've done this too many times to count. And actually the Z4 is on the lift under surgery for rat damage as I type this.

It takes some searching, but realoem.com will provide the BMW part numbers for all the pins you need for the various connectors used in the car. You need to carefully look at the connectors and how they disassemble to get the old pins and wires out. Then you can re-pin the connectors with new pins and wire leads to rebuild the harness.

If there are aftermarket pigtail harnesses, that's definitely the easier route. How are your soldering skills?
Attached Images

Last edited by Efthreeoh; Yesterday at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
3PedalJake3254.50