E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > MULF2_HI Incompatible after ZUSB update WinKFP

07-27-2024, 09:22 AM   #1
XProfig
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

MULF2_HI Incompatible after ZUSB update WinKFP

Hello all,
I recently gained some experience with retrofitting a MULF2HI to my E91 2009 in combination with Radio Professional. I finally managed to code everything correctly, so everything was working fine in general.

Due to some bluetooth problems I decided to update the ZUSB from 9170302 to 9229740, which was the one I found in the most recent SP-Daten.
After having a lot of trouble with WinKFP crashing during flash process, I finally managed to find the problem: My DCAN Kable had the known FW bug. After upgrading the DCAN FW, flashing was successfull immediately and took only 1:20hrs (with buggy FW it took >5hrs).

But now the real problem begins: Most of the time my Radio Prof shows two dashens "--" under the Phone Menu. The phone symbol appears only sporadically. When it appears, I can enter the menu, but after ~2sec the menu is left again, Phone displays "--" again. It seems the connection to the MULF is not stable.

Now my suspicion is that ZUSB 9229740 is not compatible with my Radio Prof. According to the KMM_SG, ZUSB 9229740 is for I-Level 1003500-1006502. But my Radio Prof only supports I-Levels up to 0912512.

Quesion 1: Does anybody know if there is anything I can do to make it compatible (e.g. some coding)?

Additionally, I tryed to flash my MULF2 back to an older ZUSB. But the flash process aborts with error "no response from control unit" at random progress (most often in "Seriennummer_Lesen"). I cannot even set the MULF2 to programming mode. I guess this is due to the instable communication caused by some incompatibility. I tryed both normal WinKFP and NFS Emergency Flash.

Quesion 2: Does anybody have an idea how to get the flash process working without using an ICOM Most Interface?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Philipp

Last edited by XProfig; 07-27-2024 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 0