bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

10-29-2022, 04:21 PM   #67
sandrik93
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisiblename View Post
Where did you hear that?
G20, G80, i4 subforums here.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 05:09 PM   #68
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

OTA Update Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
Has anyone yet to see an OTA update? I’ve had my car since beginning of may, don’t have the latest update, yet bmw app says I do.
I got a notice on my IDrive screen yesterday that an update was available. Didn't have time yesterday, so today I looked into it further. It seems that the update has to be downloaded first to your phone using the My BMW app at home over WiFi. Then, while driving the car it will transfer the update to your car while the app is still open on your phone via Bluetooth connected to the car. This takes a bit of time. It will tell you of the progress. Once it uploads to the car, it will verify all is good. Then it will tell you that to actually install the upload, the car will need to be parked with the parking brake engaged and the engine off, but electronics still on. It will advise when it is ready to do this process. Then you can leave the car and lock it while it installs the new software. Not sure how long it takes as I just left the car in my garage for about an hour before I checked on it. All was completed and worked great, displaying the "M240i" instead of just a picture of my car when starting as well as the new font for the dash speedo and tachometer. Haven't used the other new functions yet. The app has a video to help with this process, but I didn't use it. The IDrive will also tell you the lengthy list of changes before you install the update.
Appreciate 1
redcars102.00
      01-19-2023, 12:26 PM   #69
hooked
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Anybody else get updated to version 11/2022.31? Mine was updated over the weekend. Car came with version 07/2022. Trying to figure out what changed and my searches aren't yielding much although they did fix a lane change bug that was concerning.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-19-2023, 12:59 PM   #70
Crazy One
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked View Post
Anybody else get updated to version 11/2022.31? Mine was updated over the weekend. Car came with version 07/2022. Trying to figure out what changed and my searches aren't yielding much although they did fix a lane change bug that was concerning.
What was the lane change bug?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 01:07 PM   #71
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
I can't believe your circle is green! LOL
Mine was red before I ever drove off the dealer's lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 01:16 PM   #72
hooked
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy One View Post
What was the lane change bug?
On the 07/2022 firmware, I had the lane change warning set to ON, but the steering wheel intervention set to OFF. If I tried to change lanes on the highway without the turn signal on, the steering wheel would try to steer me back into the current lane. It would move the car a foot or two back before giving up but if you weren't paying close attention it would surprise you. The steering wheel intervention was working, even though I had purposefully set it to OFF.

I'm ok with the idea of the wheel vibrating a bit if I'm crossing a line, but I don't appreciate the car trying to steer itself when I'm purposely steering it over a line. I didn't have any close calls, but it was startling and a MAJOR bug that somehow got past their QC.

On the 11/2022 firmware, using the same settings, I can change lanes on the highway without a turn signal and it doesn't try to turn the steering wheel in my hand any more.

I use my turn signals whenever cars are close by, but not when I'm just cruising along and nobody is near me.

Last edited by hooked; 01-19-2023 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 01:18 PM   #73
hooked
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
I can't believe your circle is green! LOL
Mine was red before I ever drove off the dealer's lot.
Ha. I was leaning that way before I picked up the car, but then I saw I could turn the steering off and only have the wheel vibrate so figured that's a cool middle ground. Then I discovered the wheel intervention was NOT actually off...

Last edited by hooked; 01-19-2023 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 01:21 PM   #74
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
On the 7/2022 firmware, I had the lane change warning set to ON, but the steering wheel intervention set to OFF. If I tried to change lanes on the highway without the turn signal on, the steering wheel would try to steer me back into the current lane. It would move the car a foot or two back before giving up but if you weren't paying close attention it would surprise you. The steering wheel intervention was working, even though I had purposefully set it to OFF.

I'm ok with the idea of the wheel vibrating a bit if I'm crossing a line, but I don't appreciate the car trying to steer itself when I'm purposely stirring it over a line. I didn't have any close calls, but it was startling and a MAJOR bug that somehow got past their QC.

On the 11/2022 firmware, using the same settings, I can change lanes on the highway without a turn signal and it doesn't try to turn the steering wheel in my hand any more.

I use my turn signals whenever cars are close by, but not when I'm just cruising along and nobody is near me.
If I forget my key and don't want to go back in the house to get it I'll sometimes just drive off with the phone as the digital key. In the rare occasion I do that it sets the driver's profile to Guest and when I switch lanes w/o a blinker it scares me to death!
Appreciate 1
hooked190.00
      01-21-2023, 01:15 PM   #75
harcos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 240i xdrive

The 22-07 upgrade does not want to transfer from the smartphone (Android) to the car.
The transfer remains stuck at 0% permanently.
On the application, it is indicated connected to the vehicle with transfer from time to time, then it often returns to connected to the vehicle.

Everything is well connected: bluetooth or android auto, wifi and apps.
Downloaded the upgrade several times, disconnected and reconnected the smartphone to the car, always 0%.
Also performed a reset of Idrive 7.
Up-to-date smartphone too.
I went to the dealership where the genius tried via his Iphone (Apple) but the same or worse because his did not even transfer the upgrade (please connect to the car) while Apple car Play was working.

He says that it will be necessary to test the system in concession and to make the update on the spot, with possibility that that lasts 2 hours.

Anyone have any idea why it's not transferring?
Not really want to waste 2 hours waiting for an upgrade...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 02:11 PM   #76
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

I personally haven't had any issues transferring the update to the car while parked, tho I did get the upgrade message thru ID7 first rather than forcing it thru the app. I have read that other people had to drive the car around in order for the update to transfer to the car eventually.
Appreciate 0