bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-23-2022, 11:16 AM   #1
OriginalFake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Media turning on when you open the door?

The only thing I haven't figured out how to change so far is that the media/radio turns on as soon as I open the door. I've looked through the owner's manual and can't find any way to change this. Is it possible? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:44 AM   #2
winter.zed
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Boxster 718/982

Interesting. I thought media "ON" is default. I was looking at ways to make it not turn on - but I couldn't find it.

Did you, by any chance, find a way to get the "carousel view" of the albums come up? It used to be my fav. way to pick music on the F30 when using a USB drive (iDrive5 - i believe).
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 01:14 PM   #3
OriginalFake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.zed View Post
Interesting. I thought media "ON" is default. I was looking at ways to make it not turn on - but I couldn't find it.

Did you, by any chance, find a way to get the "carousel view" of the albums come up? It used to be my fav. way to pick music on the F30 when using a USB drive (iDrive5 - i believe).
Media on does appear to be the default. The only thing I've found that works is hitting the volume button to turn off the stereo before I leave the car each time but that's something I neither always remember to do nor do I really want to. Sounds like there's no other option.

And I haven't seen any carousel album view anywhere.
Appreciate 1