bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-25-2023, 11:18 AM   #1
Tubbyflounder
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i Coupe

Dash display content issue when showing NAV

So, I've had this happen a few times.

When I switch the dash display content to be the nav (full navigation map with all the streets. not the one with just the arrows), sometimes its just a black screen. nothing. completely blacked out, switching away and back doesnt fix, have to completely restart system to fix. Using Android auto with a pixel 7 if that matters.

Only had the car about two weeks.

Anyone else have this issue? forgot to get a video last time it happened.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 08:01 PM   #2
Tubbyflounder
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i Coupe

I figured it out, it literally just doesnt work if youre navigating with maps on android auto.

The BMW nav is awful though, it barely tells what when/what youre next turn is like google maps or waze...or any other maps app.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 12:03 AM   #3
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

in my experience, I like the BMW nav compared to android auto. with the new update, android auto displays what lane you need to be in for the next turn, however, the BMW nav shows that with the "red arrow" telling you to change into the correct lane. not to mention that it will also display the full local map in the main display instead of the side display. regardless, I still use android auto for the easy experience lol.
Appreciate 1