Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn M240i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_g42bmw View Post
Quote:
Hi G42 Owners,

I have officially joined the G42 fam!!! Today I traded in my 2020 228i Gran Coupè in Storm Bay Metallic back to the dealership and I placed my order for my 2023 M240i. I am so exited to get this car, the build will be shown below. If you have any tips or things you love about the car please feel free to share them below.

Build Specs:
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Tacora Red Interior
All Standard Equipment
Premium Enhanced Package:
- Comfort Access
- Glass Sunroof
- Driver Lumbar Support
- Adaptive LED Headlights
- Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System
- Digital Cockpit Professional
- Head-Up Display
M Sport Pro Package:
- M Sport Brakes, Red
- Shadowline Headlights
- Black Exterior Contents
Universal Garage Door Opener
Active Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go
Parking Assistant Plus w/ Surround View
iDrive Recorder
Wireless Device Charging
M Highlighters, Illuminated
Adjustable Driver Seat Bolsters

(Yes for 2023 they removed M Seatbelts and and 893M V shaped rims from the M Sport Pro Package. Why?? I don't know, I really wanted the M Seatbelts.)

Images of Build:
Awesome build just wanted to give you a heads up make sure that the rim and tire option is giving you option 840 increased speed limiter unless you will be limited to 130mhp not 155**
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHen View Post
Your spec looks good.

Things I love about my 2022 M240i…Everything! The standout is performance; from grip to fast shifts to blistering acceleration. It all comes together to deliver a ton of smiles per mile. You will love it.

Good luck with yours.

Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoop View Post
Quote:
To the M Highlighters I choose them because to my knowledge they are only available on the M240i. Also for 2023 I'm losing the M Seatbelts which I wanted so to "replace" that I'm getting the M Highlighters.
The issue a lot of people have with them is that you can't change them. The colors are dyed into the plastic. So they will always look like that, even if you get sick of it. Whereas the standard option changes colors with the rest of the ambient lighting.
Quote:
Quote:
Hi G42 Owners,

I have officially joined the G42 fam!!! Today I traded in my 2020 228i Gran Coupè in Storm Bay Metallic back to the dealership and I placed my order for my 2023 M240i. I am so exited to get this car, the build will be shown below. If you have any tips or things you love about the car please feel free to share them below.

Build Specs:
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Tacora Red Interior
All Standard Equipment
Premium Enhanced Package:
- Comfort Access
- Glass Sunroof
- Driver Lumbar Support
- Adaptive LED Headlights
- Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System
- Digital Cockpit Professional
- Head-Up Display
M Sport Pro Package:
- M Sport Brakes, Red
- Shadowline Headlights
- Black Exterior Contents
Universal Garage Door Opener
Active Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go
Parking Assistant Plus w/ Surround View
iDrive Recorder
Wireless Device Charging
M Highlighters, Illuminated
Adjustable Driver Seat Bolsters

(Yes for 2023 they removed M Seatbelts and and 893M V shaped rims from the M Sport Pro Package. Why?? I don't know, I really wanted the M Seatbelts.)

Images of Build:
Awesome build just wanted to give you a heads up make sure that the rim and tire option is giving you option 840 increased speed limiter unless you will be limited to 130mhp not 155**
How do I check this?
I don't know what stage of production the car has entered but if you have already submitted your build and have received allocation it may be on My BMW garage from there you should be able to look at your build sheet and see your tire and rim option for "840" is there, if not contact the dealer and just Confirm to be safe
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 12:39 PM   #24
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
To the M Highlighters I choose them because to my knowledge they are only available on the M240i. Also for 2023 I'm losing the M Seatbelts which I wanted so to "replace" that I'm getting the M Highlighters.
The issue a lot of people have with them is that you can't change them. The colors are dyed into the plastic. So they will always look like that, even if you get sick of it. Whereas the standard option changes colors with the rest of the ambient lighting.

I understand that and personally I don't think I'll get tired of it as I love the M logo. I have one question does the whole logo illuminate at night or just the red part? Because I know when you open the door just the red part pulses.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #25
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
I don't know what stage of production the car has entered but if you have already submitted your build and have received allocation it may be on My BMW garage from there you should be able to look at your build sheet and see your tire and rim option for "840" is there, if not contact the dealer and just Confirm to be safe
The car has not started production, the order has just been placed so I don't have an allocation yet. Could you show me where it says 840 for you. Also I'm in Canada and I don't have Bmw garage I think that's only for USA. Also there might not be a speed limiter for 2023.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #26
m_g42bmw
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Quote:
The car has not started production, the order has just been placed so I don't have an allocation yet. Could you show me where it says 840 for you. Also I'm in Canada and I don't have Bmw garage I think that's only for USA. Also there might not be a speed limiter for 2023.
Oh yeah BMW USA has the garage then I would call and ask the dealer "is option 840 standard on 2023 m240i"
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 01:27 PM   #27
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh yeah BMW USA has the garage then I would call and ask the dealer "is option 840 standard on 2023 m240i"
Yes option 840 is standard on the car… the wheels I added removes option 840. I personally do not care as I won't be driving the car that fast and my daily job isn't to test the top speed of my car and it doesn't hinder the engine performance, hp, or torque so I will be keeping my wheels.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2022, 01:39 PM   #28
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
One thing I noticed that isn't on your build - a carbon fiber spoiler.

I'm not familiar with port installed parts for Canada orders, but it can be added after you take ownership.
      08-19-2022, 02:09 PM   #29
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipstic View Post
One thing I noticed that isn't on your build - a carbon fiber spoiler.

I'm not familiar with port installed parts for Canada orders, but it can be added after you take ownership.
I don't think I can add it when I order the car but once I get the car I plan on ordering it. Thank you for noticing but I got it covered😂😂
Appreciate 1
zipstic485.00
      08-19-2022, 02:12 PM   #30
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
I may also add the 50 years of M emblems on my build.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #31
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Yes option 840 is standard on the car… the wheels I added removes option 840. I personally do not care as I won't be driving the car that fast and my daily job isn't to test the top speed of my car and it doesn't hinder the engine performance, hp, or torque so I will be keeping my wheels.
The options without 840 are generally a square setup which means you do get narrower tires in the back (and crappier tires)

The other ones are generally staggered sizes + performance tires. It's a big difference.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 04:35 PM   #32
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
The options without 840 are generally a square setup which means you do get narrower tires in the back (and crappier tires)

The other ones are generally staggered sizes + performance tires. It's a big difference.
Quote:
Quote:

I understand I will be getting a square setup. If I have staggered for summer do I need staggered for winter or can I go squared for winter. I also don't think the tires can be that bad.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 04:55 PM   #33
ZeusHorkios
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

Quote:
I understand I will be getting a square setup. If I have staggered for summer do I need staggered for winter or can I go squared for winter. I also don't think the tires can be that bad.
If you have staggered for summer, you do not need staggered for winter.

From what I've read in the forum, minus one and squared for winter is actually recommended
Appreciate 1
jpcoop364.00
      08-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #34
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusHorkios View Post

From what I've read in the forum, minus one and squared for winter is actually recommended
Yeah this is good. Order with the staggered wheels + summer tires, separately order winter tires on a square setup (possibly even 18s). This will be so much better than the mediocre all season tires you get if you order the non-performance option from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #35
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah this is good. Order with the staggered wheels + summer tires, separately order winter tires on a square setup (possibly even 18s). This will be so much better than the mediocre all season tires you get if you order the non-performance option from the factory.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I'm going down to 225/45/18 square for winter it's what BMW recommends. I am still on the fence about switching to staggered for summer. I mean nothing it stopping me since it'll still be $0 and not change the price but I don't want to keep bothering my sales rep and changing my order. I'll see, I still have some time. If I do change it I'll update in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 08:03 AM   #36
Zaxer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
I'm going down to 225/45/18 square for winter it's what BMW recommends. I am still on the fence about switching to staggered for summer. I mean nothing it stopping me since it'll still be $0 and not change the price but I don't want to keep bothering my sales rep and changing my order. I'll see, I still have some time. If I do change it I'll update in this thread.
Not sure of your experience with run flats, but I don't find the compromise in traction, ride or weight to outweigh the convenience of driving with a flat (talk about the tail wagging the dog!). I switched out fun flats on two previous BMW's and it was transformative. If you get the summer set up, it's more than just raising the speed limiter (which isn't a practical decision for most of us), it will simply be a better driving experience. It's a bit of a PITA to change out the wheel sets for the seasons, but it obviously extends the life of your tires. With the extra power the m240 has, IMO it's a no brainer.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 10:10 AM   #37
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxer View Post
Quote:
Not sure of your experience with run flats, but I don't find the compromise in traction, ride or weight to outweigh the convenience of driving with a flat (talk about the tail wagging the dog!). I switched out fun flats on two previous BMW's and it was transformative. If you get the summer set up, it's more than just raising the speed limiter (which isn't a practical decision for most of us), it will simply be a better driving experience. It's a bit of a PITA to change out the wheel sets for the seasons, but it obviously extends the life of your tires. With the extra power the m240 has, IMO it's a no brainer.
Quote:
Quote:
I just changed my wheel package and now the speed limiter will be removed and I'll have a staggered setup which I've now learned will be beneficial since the car has a lot of power. And the rims are the exact same which I like. I'll attach an image below, you'll have to click it see the full specs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 10:17 AM   #38
Zaxer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

I don't think you will regret it. For winter, I'm hoping to run a 225/45/18 all around - just waiting to confirm wheel fitment on the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 11:55 AM   #39
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
I don't think you will regret it. For winter, I'm hoping to run a 225/45/18 all around - just waiting to confirm wheel fitment on the brakes.
Quote:
Same I'm buying the ones from bmw and they are 225/45/18 black M sport rims.
Appreciate 0