BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-08-2023, 12:42 PM   #23
Stanim
Private
Rep
Drives: Model 3 P; Q50 hybrid; M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by port_tech_240i View Post
Give it a check and see if yours updated. I've been moved to 'Awaiting carrier assignment', so looks like it might be moving along again.
Exactly, mine moved today as well, and now it's actually showing "dispatched from factory". Does that suggest the airbag issue has been fixed?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 01:40 PM   #24
port_tech_240i
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanim View Post
Exactly, mine moved today as well, and now it's actually showing "dispatched from factory". Does that suggest the airbag issue has been fixed?
According to what my CA said the fix for the airbag issue would be done at the vehicle prep center at the port listed on your paperwork. Might mean they have the shipping and labor capacity to get it all done quickly though?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 02:39 PM   #25
beshsefen21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G42 M240

Garage List
2023 BMW M240  [0.00]
Quote:
Give it a check and see if yours updated. I've been moved to 'Awaiting carrier assignment', so looks like it might be moving along again.
And how long was it in ready for transport again?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 02:47 PM   #26
port_tech_240i
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshsefen21 View Post
And how long was it in ready for transport again?
I was in 'Ready to Transport' from 12/27/2022->2/8/2023, about 43 days in total.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2023, 02:56 PM   #27
nycG42lover
Rep
Drives: (G42) BMW M240

Quote:
According to what my CA said the fix for the airbag issue would be done at the vehicle prep center at the port listed on your paperwork. Might mean they have the shipping and labor capacity to get it all done quickly though?
Does this mean they have the fix for the issue related to the stop sale?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 06:34 PM   #28
port_tech_240i
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycG42lover View Post
Does this mean they have the fix for the issue related to the stop sale?
From what I understand the issue is relatively minor and can be fixed in an hour or so, CA explained that it's a relatively simple fix and the parts should be readily available at the VPC. Take that with a grain of salt as I don't know for certain.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2023, 07:26 PM   #29
Stanim
Private
Rep

Quote:
From what I understand the issue is relatively minor and can be fixed in an hour or so, CA explained that it's a relatively simple fix and the parts should be readily available at the VPC. Take that with a grain of salt as I don't know for certain.
This just happens so quickly in one day - it moved from ready to transport this morning to in transit to dealership as of now!! Not sure the airbag has been fixed/or will be fixed at the dealership though.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 08:15 PM   #30
port_tech_240i
Rep

Quote:
This just happens so quickly in one day - it moved from ready to transport this morning to in transit to dealership as of now!! Not sure the airbag has been fixed/or will be fixed at the dealership though.
You're probably on the Glovis Caravel with me then. We left port days ago but it just updated.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 09:13 PM   #31
Stanim
Private
Rep

Quote:
You're probably on the Glovis Caravel with me then. We left port days ago but it just updated.
Lol, that makes sense. We are literally in the same boat.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 06:54 PM   #32
Stanim
Private
Rep

Quote:
You got any updates? Mine has been sitting at the pre-delivery inspection center for over a week now, not sure what they are doing. Also I was told the airbag will be fixed at the dealership (where it has fixed several 2 series already).
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 08:57 PM   #33
beshsefen21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G42 M240

Garage List
2023 BMW M240  [0.00]
Quote:
You got any updates? Mine has been sitting at the pre-delivery inspection center for over a week now, not sure what they are doing. Also I was told the airbag will be fixed at the dealership (where it has fixed several 2 series already).
My car left Mexico went to Tampa, FL and now is going to Mexico again. I live in New Jersey, I didn’t think it would do all that. Called genius after it left Mexico for the first time and they said estimated delivery to port in NJ is March 5th, called them this morning and they said the same but it doesn’t make sense, because the ship is scheduled to arrive in Mexico the 3rd. Anyone have something like this before?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 10:23 PM   #34
port_tech_240i
Rep

Quote:
I'm actually expecting mine sometime in the next 5-7 days or so. It officially leaves the VPC tomorrow at some point, and the dealership is a short trip away, even though they're estimating sometime next week for arrival at the dealer. My work order was active for about ~10 days for the airbag recall, about 13 days in total between delivery to VPC to in transit again. You can check your VIN on the BMW recall website to see if it's still not corrected, my CA has been spot on since this ordeal began and firmly believes it'll be corrected at the VPC for our batch of vehicles (those that weren't already headed to the dealership when the stop sale came out). Those already at the dealer when it came out would be checked there (for obvious reasons).

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshsefen21 View Post
My car left Mexico went to Tampa, FL and now is going to Mexico again. I live in New Jersey, I didn’t think it would do all that. Called genius after it left Mexico for the first time and they said estimated delivery to port in NJ is March 5th, called them this morning and they said the same but it doesn’t make sense, because the ship is scheduled to arrive in Mexico the 3rd. Anyone have something like this before?
I'd recommend you ask your CA directly about which ship it's on. Genius isn't very good with giving proper information, so most likely you're on a different ship. I've gotten way too much conflicting information from them since getting to the production stage, so you shouldn't take what they say as truth without verifying with your CA.

My best guess: Your car is actually on Glovis Superior and not Glovis Companion

Last edited by port_tech_240i; 03-01-2023 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 12:00 PM   #35
Stanim
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm actually expecting mine sometime in the next 5-7 days or so. It officially leaves the VPC tomorrow at some point, and the dealership is a short trip away, even though they're estimating sometime next week for arrival at the dealer. My work order was active for about ~10 days for the airbag recall, about 13 days in total between delivery to VPC to in transit again. You can check your VIN on the BMW recall website to see if it's still not corrected, my CA has been spot on since this ordeal began and firmly believes it'll be corrected at the VPC for our batch of vehicles (those that weren't already headed to the dealership when the stop sale came out). Those already at the dealer when it came out would be checked there (for obvious reasons).

I'd recommend you ask your CA directly about which ship it's on. Genius isn't very good with giving proper information, so most likely you're on a different ship. I've gotten way too much conflicting information from them since getting to the production stage, so you shouldn't take what they say as truth without verifying with your CA.

My best guess: Your car is actually on Glovis Superior and not Glovis Companion
Yeah, I just checked and it still shows recall is open. I guess yours have been fixed at VPC? I called Genius and they told me the estimated arrival at the dealership is tomorrow (though I seriously doubt that).
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 12:47 PM   #36
port_tech_240i
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I just checked and it still shows recall is open. I guess yours have been fixed at VPC? I called Genius and they told me the estimated arrival at the dealership is tomorrow (though I seriously doubt that).
Right, mine was done at the VPC. I've seen the fix details/outline, and it doesn't necessarily require a part fix as long as it passes the inspection on that defect area. You might be in the scenario where yours did require the part fix, and it needs to be replaced at the dealership? That's the only thing I could think of holding yours up.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 02:04 PM   #37
Stanim
Private
Rep

Quote:
Right, mine was done at the VPC. I've seen the fix details/outline, and it doesn't necessarily require a part fix as long as it passes the inspection on that defect area. You might be in the scenario where yours did require the part fix, and it needs to be replaced at the dealership? That's the only thing I could think of holding yours up.
Yeah, that could very well be the case. VPC might not be able to apply the full fix but dealership would. Patience is key..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 07:10 PM   #38
Stanim
Private
Rep

Quote:
I am finally picking up the car tomorrow after such a long wait for the airbag fix!! How is the car treating you so far?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 09:54 AM   #39
CarPoor
Discharged
Rep
Drives: G42 M240ix, JLU Rub, 10 S2 RX8

I ordered my M240 12/23. Looks like I’ll pick it up this Friday. Taking about 5-7 days from available for transport to get to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 10:22 AM   #40
G42UPRA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPoor View Post
I ordered my M240 12/23. Looks like I’ll pick it up this Friday. Taking about 5-7 days from available for transport to get to the dealer.
I noticed you're in Colorado too... my car is on the way as of yesterday as well. I wonder if we were on the same ship?

Which dealership?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 07:48 PM   #41
CarPoor
Discharged
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshuggah View Post
I noticed you're in Colorado too... my car is on the way as of yesterday as well. I wonder if we were on the same ship?

Which dealership?
I bought from Schomp. Mine was shipped on the Aphrodite Leader flagged from Japan. Unloaded last Saturday in CA.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 08:28 PM   #42
G42UPRA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPoor View Post
I bought from Schomp. Mine was shipped on the Aphrodite Leader flagged from Japan. Unloaded last Saturday in CA.
Cool! BMW Genuis said there was another M240 on the Aphrodite Leader... what are the chances both we're headed to CO?

Mine is headed to Gebhardt in Boulder.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 10:22 PM   #43
CarPoor
Discharged
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshuggah View Post
Cool! BMW Genuis said there was another M240 on the Aphrodite Leader... what are the chances both we're headed to CO?

Mine is headed to Gebhardt in Boulder.
Yeah, what are the chances right? Very cool. I’ve bought a couple cars from Gebhardt over the years. Wanted to spread the love.
Appreciate 1
G42UPRA245.00
      04-03-2023, 10:09 AM   #44
port_tech_240i
Rep

Quote:
I am finally picking up the car tomorrow after such a long wait for the airbag fix!! How is the car treating you so far?
Congrats on the pickup!! You'll love it.
I've put about 1,000 miles on it since I picked it up. I have 0 complaints so far. I've yet to experience the phantom thump in the suspension, or any of the other weird issues I've seen reported here. I did get my first rock chip (thanks to a truck with an unsecured load but it's on the grille piece and not the paint, so whatever for now).
I'm getting around 26-28mpg most weeks (thanks to highway driving for work). The car is an all around monster for daily driving. Fast when you need it to be yet quiet and comfortable if you want.
Appreciate 1
G42UPRA245.00