E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CLUTCH NOT WORKING NEED HELP ASAP

Today, 03:06 PM   #1
MyPocketsHurt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

CLUTCH NOT WORKING NEED HELP ASAP

Just replaced the clutch on my 2011 335i E90 with one from a 335is. Put everything back together after installing new clutch fork throw out bearing clutch etc. got up top to the top of my car and my clutch pedal was dead hard. Pressed it down heard a click sorta of noise and the pedal did not return.

Now it’s completely soft and doesn’t engage at all.

What could be the issue? My slave cylinder worked completely fine before switching out the clutch.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:40 PM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

You installed a used clutch?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:43 PM   #3
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
You installed a used clutch?
Pretty sure he meant he upgraded to the 335is/550i clutch vs the slightly weaker 335i one.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:44 PM   #4
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPocketsHurt View Post
Just replaced the clutch on my 2011 335i E90 with one from a 335is. Put everything back together after installing new clutch fork throw out bearing clutch etc. got up top to the top of my car and my clutch pedal was dead hard. Pressed it down heard a click sorta of noise and the pedal did not return.

Now it’s completely soft and doesn’t engage at all.

What could be the issue? My slave cylinder worked completely fine before switching out the clutch.
I had this happen when I replaced an engine in my previous ZHP. Never quite figured out why but I blew 2 slave cylinders trying to get it to bleed. That's not normal though as I'd have to think something is misaligned or there's a physical block to the clutch actuating which caused the leak in either a line or the slave cylinder. I'm sure my case was the same but I got lucky and it seemed to free up.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:38 PM   #5
MyPocketsHurt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Edit to my post above,

I guess when I went to install the slave cylinder the boot that goes over the piston had went back over the rod causing clutch fluid to leak and have no hydraulic pressure.

Re installed clutch and re bled and fixed the issue.
Appreciate 1