E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > recon now accepting walk ins

06-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
deviouss
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

recon now accepting walk ins

Someone told me that recon now accepts walk ins at 8am and 11am.
Went there about 650am and had about 5 cars in front of me. Took about 2 hours but was well worth it since I passed! Here's what I learned :
1" bounce test.... I always thought it was 2". (Front took some force to get the 1" but I made it)
No stickers on any windows for cars. I had a tiny 4" sticker on my rear quarter window that I had to remove.
Alignment papers can be over 30days old since appointments are booked.
I played it safe and used my non aggressive 19" wheel setup but the car in front of me had some pretty aggressive wheels with a big stretch and he passed. I think as long as they don't poke out too much and the load ratings are in range you should be okay.

My appointment wasn't until the end of next month but I had some downtime today so I chanced it. My advice is go early like 6-630 and u should be out within an hour!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 03:16 AM   #2
back2boost
That's what she said.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

When is this state going to ever be reasonable with vehicle inspections? If they inspected their roads like they did their vehicles, we wouldn't need vehicle inspections... or 'recons'
Appreciate 0