home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) Photos, Videos and Builds

12-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #1
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Website for finding incoming cars

I saw a post a while back where someone gave a link to a website where you could find all the incoming cars that are in production and where they are going to.

When I saw it, the name kind of sounded like some dating website like tinder, it was just a short word like that. I can't remember what the site was and haven't found anything by searching.

Does anyone know what site I am talking about? I'm pretty sure it was listed in a thread in the M240i forums
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 03:48 PM   #2
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
LOL kilter.com?
Appreciate 2
Barathon579.00
redcars101.00
      12-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
LOL kilter.com?
Yes, that's it! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 09:57 PM   #4
Lightngsvt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 M340i

Garage List
OMG, that does sound like a dating site! Interesting site, I like what they're building. I was able to locate the M3 I had been talking to a broker about, plus a few other similar cars. I searched M240's and don't see any in my state, makes me wonder if my M240 will ever actually leave the port.

Last edited by Lightngsvt; 12-24-2021 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 09:59 PM   #5
tahoebimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Interesting. I didn't know about this website.

Just for fun I looked at Northern California. My car is on there along with 8 others. All of them say Pending Sale and Dealer is asking above sticker.

I have a slight concern that someone may try to poach my car now 🥲
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 02:02 AM   #6
randomusername
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m240i (in production)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebimmer View Post

Just for fun I looked at Northern California. My car is on there along with 8 others. All of them say Pending Sale and Dealer is asking above sticker.

I think what you're talking about is the option in report if one of those two things are happening, not an indication that it already happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #7
jmase248
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:

I think you're good. As soon as my car came in they had it posted on their website because I hadn't finalized the deal.

I think it's dealership protocol. Since I hadn't signed the final paperwork, it wasn't sold in the system yet and they couldn't sell it because mine arrived before the release date.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 12:34 PM   #8
kumizi206
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 m240i

You can search on BMWUSA.com. That's where I found mine.

I think it only lets you search dealers within 100 miles so you might have to try different zip codes if you want to search further away.

Currently, there are 2 m240i models in production within 100 miles of me.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #9
onehorsepower
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmase248 View Post
Quote:

I think you're good. As soon as my car came in they had it posted on their website because I hadn't finalized the deal.

I think it's dealership protocol. Since I hadn't signed the final paperwork, it wasn't sold in the system yet and they couldn't sell it because mine arrived before the release date.
This is more or less correct. It's not so much protocol necessarily, it's just the way the way the inventory system is set up.

Any vehicle that gets "stocked in" (all vehicles have to be in stocked to inventory to be able to sell them, customer order/pre-sold or not) automatically pulls up on the website. It's set up this way so that we are not manually pushing vehicles to the website, as that is unpractical when you have a large amount of inventory and it's constantly changing.

It is also correct that once a deal has been built for a specific unit that the inventory system then knows automatically to take it off of the website and mark it a "sold unit".

While I'm sure it happens, it's pretty unlikely your dealer is trying to sell it out from under you. The auto group I work for would never allow a dealer to operate that way, but we have a standard of ethics to uphold due to being publicly traded. More than likely their inventory system is probably just set up the same way as the auto group I work for.
Appreciate 2
      12-25-2021, 09:46 PM   #10
tahoebimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehorsepower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmase248 View Post
Quote:

This is more or less correct. It's not so much protocol necessarily, it's just the way the way the inventory system is set up.

Any vehicle that gets "stocked in" (all vehicles have to be in stocked to inventory to be able to sell them, customer order/pre-sold or not) automatically pulls up on the website. It's set up this way so that we are not manually pushing vehicles to the website, as that is unpractical when you have a large amount of inventory and it's constantly changing.

It is also correct that once a deal has been built for a specific unit that the inventory system then knows automatically to take it off of the website and mark it a "sold unit".

While I'm sure it happens, it's pretty unlikely your dealer is trying to sell it out from under you. The auto group I work for would never allow a dealer to operate that way, but we have a standard of ethics to uphold due to being publicly traded. More than likely their inventory system is probably just set up the same way as the auto group I work for.
Thanks for the explanation.

I left a deposit with the dealer as a credit card authorization but they never charged me. I'm not seriously worried about it though. I figure if they sell it out I'll have some leverage to get a really good deal on a reorder!

I can't really use the car until all this snow melts anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 08:00 PM   #11
DrJLag420
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Excellent website. Thx.
Appreciate 0