E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth retrofit and combox

09-16-2024, 01:16 PM   #1
Dynamics99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 & E90 335i 6MT MSport

Bluetooth retrofit and combox

Hi,

Hope this is the right forum. I recently retrofitted a cic idrive system taken from my friend's 2011 328i car onto my 2011 335i. His car has a combox and usb/aux( 6FL) while mine does not have any wiring for tcu or mulf or bluetooth and only has an aux input in the armrest.

I see there is a MMI box I can get or a new screen with carplay but I wan't to eliminate aux input and use bluetooth so I can use my steering wheel controls and retain the oem idrive streaming services like spotify etc. I see these units use the aux input to push audio in? I have the HIFI system but I feel like it does not sound good with aux.

How would I go about wiring it up? My current CIC idrive wiring was spliced into the cic screen connector to retain simplicity so it only comes down to 4 wires to go into the front JBE connector.
Appreciate 0