wspalding
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Garage List
2018 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebimmer View Post
Serious question: where are all of you looking for the higher speed limiter planning on going faster than 130 MPH? I have the lower limit on mine and I'm looking for a reason to wish I got the higher limit 😀.
When I tracked my F22 I was close to the 130mph speed limiter and was one of the faster cars on the track for my admittedly novice skill level. I could imagine a skilled HPDE driver might have been modestly hampered by the lower limit on a track with a sufficient straight that would allow speeds above 130. The tracks I’ve been on I think it unlikely you’d approach 155mph.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:01 AM   #46
kel445
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

In my case, it really isn't the need to drive to 155 MPH. I think what bothered me about this entire TSL issue was value for the money I pay for the vehicle. If two buyers pay the exact same price for the vehicle, but he selects one tire and I select a different tire, he gets the increased TSL but I don't. What is BMW going to do next....green cars only get option A and the hell with everyone else! Silly!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:32 AM   #47
kel445
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Standard Features

19" Jet Blk 791M Perf runflat
Active Blind Spot Detection
Active Driving Assistant
Adaptive M Suspension
Adjustable seat width
Alarm System
Auto-dimming mirrors
CarPlay / Android Auto Compat.
Comfort Access keyless entry
Connected Package Pro
ConnectedDrive Services
Daytime driving lights
Decoding for no-dazzle hgh bm
Dual Zone Auto Climate Control
Increased top speed limiter
Lane Departure Warning
M Sport Brakes with Red C
Moonroof
Park Distance Control
Runflat tires
SiriusXM with 360L + 1 year Pl
Storage package
Tire pressure monitor
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:44 AM   #48
240idax
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m240i

So my CA just heard back from BMW Corporate and let me know what happened. They confirmed that the order guide was incorrect AND BMW followed the incorrect order guide so I did not get the 840 with 1PP and that includes those other wheels missing 840. He also said that it cannot be added by the dealer so I am out of luck.

The good news is BMW fixed this for all future orders so 1PP and the other performance tires should get 840.
Appreciate 3
yanks1484.00
kel44576.00
TJZ67201844.50
      02-05-2022, 11:25 AM   #49
tahoebimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240idax View Post
So my CA just heard back from BMW Corporate and let me know what happened. They confirmed that the order guide was incorrect AND BMW followed the incorrect order guide so I did not get the 840 with 1PP and that includes those other wheels missing 840. He also said that it cannot be added by the dealer so I am out of luck.

The good news is BMW fixed this for all future orders so 1PP and the other performance tires should get 840.
That's nuts. Great job getting that corrected for future orders!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #50
applecst
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:

My car is 1PP and currently in quality check. Did bmw indicate if the error would get corrected?
      02-05-2022, 04:22 PM   #51
240idax
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecst View Post
My car is 1PP and currently in quality check. Did bmw indicate if the error would get corrected?
You can see the 840 option in the BMW tracker or decoder site seen in pics above. It shows up as 840 Increased Speed or High Speed Synchronization. You can also verify the 840 option with your CA. I assume this was fixed a several days ago (or weeks?) because kel445 got the 791M wheels with the 840 option. I ordered on 11/27.

This sucks for everyone that ordered and we are basically guinea pigs. The CA said I "might" be able to get my first payment waived, which is ridiculous because it still has to be financed for that payment and incentivizes a lower downpayement. Between this, the ACC, wireless charging, etc the experience is leaving a bad taste in my mouth and makes spending $60,000 on it much harder to swallow.

Last edited by 240idax; 02-05-2022 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 04:48 PM   #52
applecst
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:
Quote:
You can see the 840 option in the BMW tracker or decoder site seen in pics above. It shows up as 840 Increased Speed or High Speed Synchronization. You can also verify the 840 option with your CA. I assume this was fixed a several days ago (or weeks?) because kel445 got the 791M wheels with the 840 option. I ordered on 11/27.

This sucks for everyone that ordered and we are basically guinea pigs. The CA said I "might" be able to get my first payment waived, which is ridiculous because it still has to be financed for that payment and incentivizes a lower downpayement. Between this, the ACC, wireless charging, etc the experience is leaving a bad taste in my mouth and makes spending $60,000 on it much harder to swallow.
I'm with you. The 1PP screw up is bad. Suppose to be a premium auto company but can't even be internally consistent.
      02-05-2022, 08:10 PM   #53
TJZ67201
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i

Quote:
Serious question: where are all of you looking for the higher speed limiter planning on going faster than 130 MPH? I have the lower limit on mine and I'm looking for a reason to wish I got the higher limit 😀.
Yes, I am a very eccentric driver and do have the need (want) to go over 135. Don't hate
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:00 PM   #54
tahoebimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
Quote:
Yes, I am a very eccentric driver and do have the need (want) to go over 135. Don't hate
No, it was a serious question. I watched some videos of people driving on some tracks with OG M2's and top speeds were around 100. I could probably hit 130+ on rural highway 50 in Nevada, but it would be risky with cows, deer, wild horses, and other wildlife around. I'm just not sure where someone could hit 150 mph safely, but I admit I'm new to this type of car.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2022, 06:44 AM   #55
wspalding
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Garage List
2018 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
No, it was a serious question. I watched some videos of people driving on some tracks with OG M2's and top speeds were around 100. I could probably hit 130+ on rural highway 50 in Nevada, but it would be risky with cows, deer, wild horses, and other wildlife around. I'm just not sure where someone could hit 150 mph safely, but I admit I'm new to this type of car.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2022, 07:08 AM   #56
codelilac
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
Quote:
You can never go 155 safely on public roads. Tracks are a different story but you're always doing something risky if you're going that fast on public roads/highways. Whether it's the risk of crashing or the risk of being sent to jail instantly, at that speed safety isn't your priority.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 07:13 AM   #57
codelilac
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I'm being honest, Out of all the issues with the ordering experience the Vmax is probably the least issue. At the very least, down the road (or now, if you don't care so much about the warranty) you can get that speed back. However you will never be able to get ACC/wireless charging back.

I'm still getting the car because from everything I've heard, it's amazing fun to drive. My top speed EVER is about 110 mph, I don't take it to the track so it's a little bit of a nuisance knowing a free option change would've opened it up all the way, but I also keep reminding myself I literally never would've hit that speed. EVER.

I hope you enjoy your car. Don't look a winning race horse in the butthole, or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 06:41 PM   #58
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Quote:
At the very least, down the road (or now, if you don't care so much about the warranty) you can get that speed back.
Huh??? that will have absolutely nothing to do with your warranty, to imply that changing that upper speed limit to the BMW authorized level with proper tires would violate a warranty is absurd.

I just have little patience with all the thinking that any little change will violate a warranty. Now if you on put a much larger aftermarket turbo, yup then it likely would. If you use the non BMW branded windshield wiper fluid....don't think so, but that is almost how silly some of the thinking is.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 06:55 PM   #59
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
Huh??? that will have absolutely nothing to do with your warranty, to imply that changing that upper speed limit to the BMW authorized level with proper tires would violate a warranty is absurd.

I just have little patience with all the thinking that any little change will violate a warranty. Now if you on put a much larger aftermarket turbo, yup then it likely would. If you use the non BMW branded windshield wiper fluid....don't think so, but that is almost how silly some of the thinking is.
The only way I am aware of (which doesn't even work on 2022 vehicles) to remove the limiter is to flash tune the ECU, which can certainly raise warranty alarms if something goes wrong with the engine.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 08:03 PM   #60
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

With flash tuning i tend to agree with you, I'm addressing the factory settings that vary relative to run flats vs non run flats. IF you switch to performance tires rated for the higher speeds I'm not sure a dealer cannot reset to the factory levels that would be for those tires as if it came from the factory. I think this car is so new that there are some unknowns out there. If the only way to reset to that factory level for (840 option) is by aftermarket tuning then it does become problematic.

If the poster i was responding to was referring to aftermarket flashing then i totally agree and was a bit off base with my comments. apologies.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 08:21 PM   #61
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
With flash tuning i tend to agree with you, I'm addressing the factory settings that vary relative to run flats vs non run flats. IF you switch to performance tires rated for the higher speeds I'm not sure a dealer cannot reset to the factory levels that would be for those tires as if it came from the factory. I think this car is so new that there are some unknowns out there. If the only way to reset to that factory level for (840 option) is by aftermarket tuning then it does become problematic.

If the poster i was responding to was referring to aftermarket flashing then i totally agree and was a bit off base with my comments. apologies.
There's no supported way post-purchase to restore the higher limit option 840 provides. Flash tuning can do it. The electronics architecture of the car is basically identical to a 3/4 series so there really isn't much that isn't understood.

Some folks are getting confused by the new iDrive 7 tire pressure monitor settings that let you choose what type of tires you have. This is so it can show you the correct inflation pressure on the iDrive screen (so you don't have to check the sticker). It has nothing to do with the top speed limiter, which is flashed into the DME at the factory.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 09:17 PM   #62
Hpirx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240 xDrive, BGM

I have the ZPK package.
The next day after picking it up, I had a set of new wheels with winter tires installed.
After the TPI reset, the car detected different tires (?!) and asked me to input the type (winter). It then said the it adjusted the top speed limit to 100mph for winter tires (!)).
I'm ok with that as long as the limit resets upwards in the spring when the summer tires go back on.
      02-07-2022, 09:24 PM   #63
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpirx View Post
I have the ZPK package.
The next day after picking it up, I had a set of new wheels with winter tires installed.
After the TPI reset, the car detected different tires (?!) and asked me to input the type (winter). It then said the it adjusted the top speed limit to 100mph for winter tires (!)).
I'm ok with that as long as the limit resets upwards in the spring when the summer tires go back on.
Again - this just changes what numbers it displays on the TPMS screen. Absolutely no change to what the car can do. BMW specifies different tire pressures for <100 mph vs. >100 mph, so it needs to know what speeds you're planning to know what tire pressures to watch for.

In the old days (iDrive 6) you'd read the pressures off the sticker, set them, then manually reset the TPMS.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 09:39 PM   #64
Hpirx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240 xDrive, BGM

Easy enough for me to check out.
This car loves to run!
I'm actively trying not to push it for the first 1K miles or so, but hitting 95 is pretty nonchalant for this car.
      02-07-2022, 09:43 PM   #65
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpirx View Post
Easy enough for me to check out.
This car loves to run!
I'm actively trying not to push it for the first 1K miles or so, but hitting 95 is pretty nonchalant for this car.
I mean easiest way to tell is to give it a go. Another way to look at this - your winter tires are probably H-rated? Mine are, at least. That's a rating of 130mph, not 100. Mine still says "<100" in the tire settings.

Also, I"m not just guessing here, I'm looking at the manual. Look for "Tire Pressure Monitor - Tire Settings".
Appreciate 0