E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Tranmission problems 328i XDrive

Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #1
Andree4400
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Tranmission problems 328i XDrive

so i've been having transmission issues for the past couple months, i have taken it to two different very reputable independent shops, several times and i always get told the car is working fine.

the sympthoms im having are: the car wont move forward until like 1500 RPM, at 50 or 60 KM/H the car would go like 3k/3.5K RPMs, slow acceleration, once parking in an inclined parking spot the car would not go in D and kept moving back downhill every time i took the foot off the brake (i had to turn it off and back on twice for it to move forward), in two occasions after turning the car off, the engine would not start, only electrical things would go on (A/C, music, screen, cluster) the key was also stuck in the ignition, the selected gear won’t show in the cluster is just blank(doesnt show if it is in D, N, R, etc.), mirrors won’t go down automatically when going in reverse when the issue is happennig,when driving too long like that i get a message in idrive saying my transmission is overheating, and then the car makes a humming sound like a turbine or something and is very loud, they said once that it could be the transmistion position sensor that was faulty but i just want to make sure as i donty want to spend on something that is not the actual problem and then having the same thing hapen again, i have a GM transmission BTW

I have been trying to figure out what the problem is but I’m lost, i have a 328i Xdrive 2011 and it has happened several times now, i dont push the car, usually when i turn car off and then back on, the errors disappear (not always but most of thje times), differential fluid has been changed, trans fluid was changed on january, I took it to another shop they checked the valves, the trans, the solenoids were cleaned, the car ran fine for a day but then it happened again, the battery is new, it happened again the day after, i I took it to another shop, all the way to the shop the car drove perfectly fine until they took the car for a test drive and the errors came up again, last time like a month ago i took it to the shop again for the same issue, and they told me the car was working fine and the transmission was good, they just deleted the codes and thats it, they said they were not present and were just in the history, the issue came up again like 6 days later, but when i parked the car that time the car was not letting me change gears, it was stuck in park, and i got a message that said the position D,N and R were not available, i left the car like that for like 30 minutes and then it was fine iwas able to move it, left it there for lioke 2 days and it worked fine, no issues, no check engine for like a month until two days ago, i was even pushing the car a little bit harder to make sure it was working fine, but when i was stuck in traffic for almost two hours the issue came up again out of nowhere, i was just stopped.

i just want to know what it could be as no one seems to fix it, i will add some picture of the issue
Attached Images

Appreciate 0