12-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #1
Nashville
BMW Sales
Rep
Drives: G20 Msport, 1996 Civic DX

Lowering springs? Front lip?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Does anybody have any leads on if any company's are developing any lowering springs for this chassis? I have a hard time driving any stock ride height vehicles. I've emailed H&R, eibach and vogtland.

H&R told me nothing in development yet, same with eibach. Still waiting on vogtland.

If anybody has any insight, please reply here.

Same with the front lip, but I can wait on that
      12-21-2021, 01:01 PM   #2
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i. G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Does anybody have any leads on if any company's are developing any lowering springs for this chassis? I have a hard time driving any stock ride height vehicles. I've emailed H&R, eibach and vogtland.

H&R told me nothing in development yet, same with eibach. Still waiting on vogtland.

If anybody has any insight, please reply here.

Same with the front lip, but I can wait on that
I'm also hoping springs are out soon, fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
conradb58
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240I Thundernight Metall

I reached out to BG Racing in the UK that placed an inquiry with Ohlins. No word yet
MrFoxy376.50
      12-22-2021, 11:04 AM   #4
SN1P3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Somewhat related, AWE told me the G42 is not on their radar at the moment when asked if the m340 exhaust will fit.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 11:33 AM   #5
Lightngsvt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN1P3 View Post
Somewhat related, AWE told me the G42 is not on their radar at the moment when asked if the m340 exhaust will fit.
But Fabspeed said they'd like to do an exhaust if they could get a car to use to make the template from.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 11:33 AM   #6
SN1P3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

M Performance has a front lip:

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #7
conradb58
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
you will have better luck with the G29 Z4 exhaust fitting.
      12-22-2021, 12:22 PM   #8
conradb58
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightngsvt View Post
Quote:
But Fabspeed said they'd like to do an exhaust if they could get a car to use to make the template from.
it will be up to us as the new owners help push development. I'm in Germany and I already have talked to two companies that will be using my car in the spring for test fitment for new parts.
      12-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #9
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 94 6spd turbo Supra

Anybody got any updates on front lips or springs yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 09:02 AM   #10
Nashville
BMW Sales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraCooper View Post
If you have a 2 series and live near socal, you can take the car to eibach and they'll start the process of making springs
      12-27-2021, 01:27 PM   #11
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If you have a 2 series and live near socal, you can take the car to eibach and they'll start the process of making springs
Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I live in north Alabama:/ and I'm still waiting on my order. I'm a client advisor and I've already been ordering stuff for it lol. I will be following this post in hopes of finding more parts for it tho.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 01:36 PM   #12
G42Esko
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW M340i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I live in north Alabama:/ and I'm still waiting on my order. I'm a client advisor and I've already been ordering stuff for it lol. I will be following this post in hopes of finding more parts for it tho.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What parts have you been able to find/order for the g42 m240i? I'm definitely curious about the aftermarket support and it's profession ever since the car was released to the public - keep me posted!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #13
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G42Esko View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What parts have you been able to find/order for the g42 m240i? I'm definitely curious about the aftermarket support and it's profession ever since the car was released to the public - keep me posted!
So far just a Jb4 and burger Motorsports wheel spacers. You just get the g20 spacers Bc the hub is the exact same. Any of the b58 piggyback tuners should work for them. It doesn't hurt to email the companies and ask them if something is compatible either. I will say Burgers customer service is excellent and very responsive. That and reputation is why I chose the jb. I emailed VRSF to see if a g20 downpipe would work, or if they had one in development, but never got a response :/ Also none of the suspension companies have anything developed yet but working on it.
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy376.50
      12-27-2021, 02:11 PM   #14
G42Esko
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So far just a Jb4 and burger Motorsports wheel spacers. You just get the g20 spacers Bc the hub is the exact same. Any of the b58 piggyback tuners should work for them. It doesn't hurt to email the companies and ask them if something is compatible either. I will say Burgers customer service is excellent and very responsive. That and reputation is why I chose the jb. I emailed VRSF to see if a g20 downpipe would work, or if they had one in development, but never got a response :/ Also none of the suspension companies have anything developed yet but working on it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Attached below is a convo I had with XPH who claims that you can use the same downpipe as the supra/m340i. Who knows - lets see who does it first 👀 Definitely curious to see what's compatible. As soon as I find out i'll prob go catless DP / Intake / Jb4 until they unlock the ecu for Bootmod3

They even attached links. Read below :

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!
I have attached links of some downpipes for thee M240i that I think you would like.

https://x-ph.com/cts-turbo-4-5-catte...7-f-g-chassis/

https://x-ph.com/active-autowerke-aa...tted-downpipe/

https://x-ph.com/evolution-racewerks...ipe-bmw-supra/

In terms of intakes for the M240i, I have attached some links!

https://x-ph.com/burger-tuning-bms-e...0-240-340-440/

https://x-ph.com/mst-2016-bmw-b58-en...take-bw-b5801/

https://x-ph.com/burger-tuning-2016-...billet-intake/

I'm not sure if homie was confused in the intakes part, but he did attach G20 downpipes lol
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 02:27 PM   #15
G42Esko
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also, I am in South FL. I emailed VRSF - if they don't respond I will stop by their shop and ask them directly! Their shop isn't too far from me
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #16
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Attached below is a convo I had with XPH who claims that you can use the same downpipe as the supra/m340i. Who knows - lets see who does it first 👀 Definitely curious to see what's compatible. As soon as I find out i'll prob go catless DP / Intake / Jb4 until they unlock the ecu for Bootmod3

Hello,

I have attached links of some downpipes for thee M240i that I think you would like.

I'm not sure if homie was confused in the intakes part, but he did attach G20 downpipes lol
That's awesome and I appreciate that! I'm a fairly new CA for Bmw (was with Toyota for 7yrs) and I've heard that X-PH's customer service is awesome and they don't charge tax for being a small business. Maybe they do now idk, but let me know what VRSF says haha. This is my first BMW so I'm learning. Mkiv Supra owner and long time jdm guy here
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 02:42 PM   #17
G42Esko
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hello,

That's awesome and I appreciate that! I'm a fairly new CA for Bmw (was with Toyota for 7yrs) and I've heard that X-PH's customer service is awesome and they don't charge tax for being a small business. Maybe they do now idk, but let me know what VRSF says haha. This is my first BMW so I'm learning. Mkiv Supra owner and long time jdm guy here
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hello,

First time BMW owner here too! Well soon to be…. Placed an order on 11/22 and still no production # The anticipation is KILLING me dude
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 04:34 PM   #18
iMnot
Rep
Drives: 2

Quote:
How do i get in contact with them? If time permits i may be a Guinea pig.
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy376.50
      12-27-2021, 09:33 PM   #19
Nashville
BMW Sales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMnot View Post
Quote:
How do i get in contact with them? If time permits i may be a Guinea pig.
https://eibach.com/us/if-11-rd-vehicles-needed.html

Follow this link.
      12-28-2021, 07:59 AM   #20
Hendo741
Chief Petty Officer
Rep
Drives: 22 M4CX / 22 X3MC

I have an Active Autoworke catted DP in the garage off of a Supra. From my understanding all the B58 aftermarket upgrades should fit the other vehicles. I'll post if that turns out not to be the case. Just waiting for break in maintenance and inspection.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 10:06 PM   #21
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo741 View Post
I have an Active Autoworke catted DP in the garage off of a Supra. From my understanding all the B58 aftermarket upgrades should fit the other vehicles. I'll post if that turns out not to be the case. Just waiting for break in maintenance and inspection.
Yes, that would be awesome to know that it fits for sure. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 08:24 AM   #22
G42Esko
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo741 View Post
Yes, that would be awesome to know that it fits for sure. Thanks
VRSF confirmed that they believe the downpipes should fit the same since they don't see any noticeable difference. I'll be picking up a VRSF Catless Downpipe!
Appreciate 0