BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-16-2022, 03:31 PM   #67
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontsave View Post
Couple more since the phone app crashes on me every time I try to attach more than 5 in a post.
With PPF will you drive through full-service car washes?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 10:17 PM   #68
idontsave
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Quote:
Couple more since the phone app crashes on me every time I try to attach more than 5 in a post.
With PPF will you drive through full-service car washes?
No chance… although the most basic touchless wash option is a nice way to get the dust off if I'm feeling lazy, especially after ceramic coating is done.
      02-17-2022, 08:02 AM   #69
EM3RLD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 230i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
It's really interesting how the perception of color has changed. Not saying it's in general but noticeable when the discussion comes up with the females I talk to. They tent to like the "cement" colors like the Brooklyn Grey etc.

I didn't tell my wife about the Thunder Night until it arrived. She's not a fan of it lol. Problem is I tend to rotate her car after a year of me driving it first and this is the first time she said she doesn't want it after. We have a problem now...

P.s. I'm little bummed that my car came without the extended Shadowline trim I wanted and I didn't catch that until the shows up. I might need to order another one. The wait is going to suck.
Not sure which way I'd go on the purple with or w/o the Shadowline trim? The problem I have with that color is the calipers - I'm not a fan of the blue or the red. I think it needs gold like what comes on the new RS3 with ceramics (if I recall correctly). I also feel like all black wheels sorta dulls the car, but the Performance Wheel package really makes the purple pop. I've seen it in person, and neither my girlfriend or I personally would want it, but it did get a lot of positive attention by walker-bys.

I appreciate people that buy these bright/uncommon colors as I enjoy seeing them on the road, but it's just not what I'd want day-in day-out.
I honestly didn't expect it to get as much attention as it does. People are constantly stopping me at gas stations, etc. to ask about the paint and what year the car is😂

While it's nice to know my car is appreciated, it's a bit excessive at times. Not exactly a big fan of random people approaching me in the middle of LA.
Haha but that's probably also cos you're in a crowded city in LA.

But thanks so much for sharing these photos! Love seeing them.

I still have a looonng wait so I can still change my mind but as of today i may not be brave enough to be at purple. Currently going with bsm. We'll see where we go from there.
Appreciate 1