02-22-2023, 06:57 PM   #23
sl0m0
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
I'm honestly not surprised. I'm sorry this has happened to you. This is my advice. Call and ask to speak with the general manager. Politely explain what happened. If you approach the conversation with calmness and logic I bet they will uphold their original offer. It's easy to say walk away, but you might miss out with such low availability. And I can't stress this enough. The general manager will be much more likely to resolve the situation if you are calm and polite. It sucks to bite you tongue when you are obviously in the right,, but no one wants to help out someone who isn't nice.
It's not that nobody wants to help someone that isn't nice, it's that once the customer isn't nice the dealership's lawyers can say the individual is not able to be worked with. Institution's that pull this kind of stuff don't care if you are nice or not, unless they understand the law. The reason why you might get further with the GM (of you are nice) is because he understands how far your own potential lawyer can get based on the laws of contracts.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 07:43 PM   #24
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0m0 View Post
Can you say who? There are a few in Scottsdale and I'd like to know who to avoid.
I doubt it’s BMWNS, cuz they’re a Penske store, and Roger doesn’t play games like this. Also no ADM by policy.
Appreciate 1
Biimmer70.00
      02-22-2023, 07:55 PM   #25
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
That's not Bad, it's Ugly.
Worse than ugly, that’s fucced up
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 02:36 AM   #26
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Chapman used to be in Scottsdale, down in the southern end, before moving to the mammoth facility in Chandler over a decade ago. Don't get me started about the F&I criminal I dealt with there when buying my M2c.
      02-23-2023, 10:35 AM   #27
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I doubt it’s BMWNS, cuz they’re a Penske store, and Roger doesn’t play games like this. Also no ADM by policy.
How much control do you think Roger personally has over each and every dealer location? Very little! The board of directors has the majority of controlling interest as it is a publicly traded company. PAG is the stock ticker.

Penske Automotive Group https://www.penskeautomotive.com/home/default.aspx

Penske Automotive Group Board of Directors
https://craft.co/penske-automotive-group/executives

https://www.penskeautomotive.com/inv...20More%20items

Last edited by T_U_D; 02-23-2023 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 02:04 PM   #28
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

I’ve not contacted any Penske enterprise outside of Scottsdale. However, having spoken one on one in person to a Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and Porsche sales representative, the dealer policy is nothing beyond MSRP. YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 07:20 PM   #29
qballis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0m0 View Post
I actually thought there were multiple bmw dealerships in Scottsdale..... But bmw of north Scottsdale is the only one. I though Chapman bmw was on the border of Scottsdale(was a bit concerned as my favorite SA is at Chapman of Chandler) but now that I look at a map it's not. Sooo... Unless the OP had a similar confusion as I did it only leaves bmwns as the only option.
Arrowhead is terrible. Non refundable deposits, sales staff that act like you’re a nuisance taking time from their day, forcing you to add LoJack to any car you buy for $500. Who is your sales rep?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 07:34 PM   #30
xraymd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M2, 22 Lincoln Navigator

The Good - BMW of Toledo
I emailed a Client Advisor on Monday and asked if the HEA car was still available. It was. I dropped off my $1000 deposit tonight. MSRP, no mark ups.

The car is produced and is awaiting transport in Mexico.

So when is the launch date?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 07:35 PM   #31
Kingsingh15
Rep
Drives: 22 Trx sandblast, 22 gt500

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraymd View Post
The Good - BMW of Toledo
I emailed a Client Advisor on Monday and asked if the HEA car was still available. It was. I dropped off my $1000 deposit tonight. MSRP, no mark ups.

The car is produced and is awaiting transport in Mexico.

So when is the launch date?
That’s awesome, they wanted like 2500 over a few weeks ago when I was looking for a hea! It’s the 6 speed right?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 07:37 PM   #32
xraymd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M2, 22 Lincoln Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsingh15 View Post
That’s awesome, they wanted like 2500 over a few weeks ago when I was looking for a hea! It’s the 6 speed right?
Yes, 6 speed.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 02:44 AM   #33
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
How much control do you think Roger personally has over each and every dealer location?
A lot.

I've spoken to employees at 3 different Penske shops, and they ALL speak glowingly of Roger and his hands-on management of the company. Still hosts a weekly sales conference call he's run for decades. Still visits every store personally at least once a year. Has a photographic memory and remembers everyone he meets. A service writer at VW North Scottsdale used to work at their BMW store nearby, and when Roger encountered him at the VW store, he remember immediately that he'd worked previously at the other one - despite having met him only once a year earlier. Yeah, there's a board of directors that Roger answers to, but make no mistake - he runs the show. And does a damn fine job.
      02-24-2023, 02:48 AM   #34
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Crew View Post
Preston BMW: I made a deal for their HEA car at MSRP. Got the deal in "writing" in text messages and a deal sheet showing final price and fees. Confirmed that we're good to go and stopped shopping around. Two days later, Kyle Whelan (sales manager) said he called around to other dealerships and decided to mark it up $5k. Asked him about the deal already made, he said it was a "mistake", he's vetoing it, and it's $5k ADM or kick rocks.
Mr. Whelan needs a nice gift from these guys...

https://dickatyourdoor.com

Hopefully a female employee presents it to him and is standing there when he opens it.
      02-24-2023, 09:02 AM   #35
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
A lot.

I've spoken to employees at 3 different Penske shops, and they ALL speak glowingly of Roger and his hands-on management of the company. Still hosts a weekly sales conference call he's run for decades. Still visits every store personally at least once a year. Has a photographic memory and remembers everyone he meets. A service writer at VW North Scottsdale used to work at their BMW store nearby, and when Roger encountered him at the VW store, he remember immediately that he'd worked previously at the other one - despite having met him only once a year earlier. Yeah, there's a board of directors that Roger answers to, but make no mistake - he runs the show. And does a damn fine job.

Sorry, while that might be the actual case, I have to take all of that with a grain of salt as an employee of one of the other larger automotive conglomerates. Like Penske we are publicly traded and have multiple manufactures/franchises throughout the country. There are far more Chiefs than there are Indians and because of such the founder and CEO had little say-so.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 09:15 AM   #36
Alex_bm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Giulia QV

Had a totally different experience with Porsche dealerships. Guess it really depends on the management and specific salesperson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Division View Post
Try buying a 911. Porsche treat you like they just really can't be bothered.. if they do take your money, they're doing you a favour, so don't expect them to go out of their way or anything. If you do find a decent dealer, they will take your call from time to time and eventually a car will show up.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 09:18 AM   #37
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_bm View Post
Had a totally different experience with Porsche dealerships. Guess it really depends on the management and specific salesperson.
This 100%. It can happen anywhere, but as aforementioned management and the specific salesperson definitely sets the tone.
Appreciate 1
Tag18251.50
      02-24-2023, 05:22 PM   #38
M2Crew
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thank you all for the support, advice, and sanity check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
I'm honestly not surprised. I'm sorry this has happened to you. This is my advice. Call and ask to speak with the general manager. Politely explain what happened. If you approach the conversation with calmness and logic I bet they will uphold their original offer. It's easy to say walk away, but you might miss out with such low availability. And I can't stress this enough. The general manager will be much more likely to resolve the situation if you are calm and polite. It sucks to bite you tongue when you are obviously in the right,, but no one wants to help out someone who isn't nice.
Thank you. Kyle Whelan is the General Sales Manager. At the end of our call, when it was clear that he was firm on not upholding our deal if I didn’t pay the $5k, I was direct in expressing my views on his business practices. I told him in no uncertain terms that I have no respect for the way he’s chosen to do business and that I don’t believe it’s up to the standard of an official BMW store. Based on how he responded to my feedback, I believe the bridge is burned.

At my request, they looked up HEAs around the country and gave me a list of 5 other stores to call. Unfortunately, all are sold or being held for local customers.

After reading your post, I made a couple of attempts to reach the General Manager and was sent to voicemail each time. I left a message for him detailing the situation. I don’t anticipate a response.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 05:25 PM   #39
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
Quote:
After reading your post, I made a couple of attempts to reach the General Manager and was sent to voicemail each time. I left a message for him detailing the situation. I don’t anticipate a response.
Send him an email or go to the store and wait for him.
Appreciate 2
M2Crew220.50
zero213253.00
      02-24-2023, 05:27 PM   #40
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:

Thank you. Kyle Whelan is the General Sales Manager. At the end of our call, when it was clear that he was firm on not upholding our deal if I didn’t pay the $5k, I was direct in expressing my views on his business practices. I told him in no uncertain terms that I have no respect for the way he’s chosen to do business and that I don’t believe it’s up to the standard of an official BMW store. Based on how he responded to my feedback, I believe the bridge is burned.

To their credit, at my request, they did look up HEAs around the country and give me a list of 5 other stores to call. Unfortunately, all are sold or being held for local customers.

If the GM never gets back to you report them to BMW USA and save all your commutations with them.
Appreciate 1
M2Crew220.50
      02-24-2023, 05:35 PM   #41
zero21
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 sold

Quote:

At my request, they looked up HEAs around the country and gave me a list of 5 other stores to call. Unfortunately, all are sold or being held for local customers.

Douches. Sorry for your loss here, that's messed up.
Appreciate 1
M2Crew220.50
      02-24-2023, 05:45 PM   #42
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Sorry, while that might be the actual case, I have to take all of that with a grain of salt as an employee of one of the other larger automotive conglomerates.
Sorry to hear you work for a substandard operation, maybe you should seek out a Penske store?
Carefree1661.00
cmgbk752633.00
      02-24-2023, 05:46 PM   #43
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
If the GM never gets back to you report them to BMW USA and save all your commutations with them.
Screw the GM, go straight to the owner (unless it's a heartless conglomerate).
      02-24-2023, 06:12 PM   #44
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear you work for a substandard operation, maybe you should seek out a Penske store?

Geez, you certainly appear to drink the Penske Kool-Aid. Are you getting a kickback?

I was joking.

Last edited by T_U_D; 02-25-2023 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0