home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

04-30-2024, 06:53 PM   #5787
td1439
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin_Johnson View Post
Glad to see the West Coaster's cars are moving along and on the way to them. I hope the orders going up the East coast will be following soon. I'll chime in here now with my "progress" through the waiting period:
Feb 8 - Placed order
Feb 13 - Order Confirmed
Feb 26 - Production number confirmed
March 6 - VIN released
March 21 - Assembly in progress
March 22 - Final Assembly
April 12 - Ready for Transport

21 days on Final Assembly......18 on Ready for Transport so far.

None of us can understand how different cars can sit in one position so long, and another takes 1 or 2 days to pass through and move to the next station.

I'm just glad that this car is not needed at a certain time to replace a wreck, or end of lease contract. Still frustrating though.
Our timelines are remarkably similar. My order was also placed on 2/8. I spent a week in QC starting 3/21 and my build was completed on 3/28. I also spent 3 weeks on Final Assembly, and I'm now on day 12 of RFT. However, I know for a fact that my car is on the way to the port, so the tracker is just going to skip "Waiting for carrier" and "Dispatched from factory".

If you look at RightYouAreKen's timeline, he didn't receive a change to "In Transit" until today and didn't get confirmation that his car was on a ship until today. The ship his car is on left the port two days ago. A tracking system that inaccurate is bound to leave people feeling frustrated, especially when some steps are skipped for some cars and not for others.

Then combine that with multiple examples of cars being built later but being put on ships earlier, it's definitely stressful. The email I sent to Genius on Sunday was pretty direct about my confusion in regards to this, and while the rep was nice enough, all I received back was a vague reply about "different factors" and whatnot.

I am hopeful that all of us with East Coast port of entry cars make it onto Glovis Sun - even though we might not know about it until a couple of days after it departs.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 07:31 PM   #5788
RightYouAreKen
Rep
Drives: 2024 Thundernight M240i xDrive

Exactly. Definitely seems like some kind of lag in their tracking systems. The myBMW app still shows my status as RFT even though I’m on the ocean apparently. Hope you east coast guys get some good news soon!
Appreciate 2
td143921.00
      05-01-2024, 09:48 AM   #5789
M5wag
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M340i

Some more good news, Glovis Sun is on the Brunswick 15 day outlook website so it will be making the journey up the east coast after hitting Veracruz… only thing now is they have to put our cars on the ship
Appreciate 1
td143921.00
      05-01-2024, 01:36 PM   #5790
Blazer9547
Rep
Drives: Subaru

My CA is great. He just sent me an email confirming that it should be offloaded and on a truck next week and that'll give a more concrete arrival time. He also suggested setting up the BMW app. I had to resist letting him know the level of tracking I had already been doing on this silly car LOL
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2024, 02:09 PM   #5791
RightYouAreKen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer9547 View Post
My CA is great. He just sent me an email confirming that it should be offloaded and on a truck next week and that'll give a more concrete arrival time. He also suggested setting up the BMW app. I had to resist letting him know the level of tracking I had already been doing on this silly car LOL
I wonder if the crew of the Cepheus Leader knows how many times I’ve checked their position the past 24 hours, lol. Not a stalker I swear…
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 02:37 PM   #5792
harveydotnet
Registered
Rep
Drives: m240i g42

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveydotnet View Post
today apr25 from rft to dispatched from factory.
It stayed 1 week in rft status.
status changed to in transit - april 30th
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 08:20 AM   #5793
RightYouAreKen
Rep

Cepheus Leader has just docked in Port Hueneme CA.

Edit: Website status changed to At The Port (which is a prior status to In Transit). Others have said it'll bounce back and forth during the ocean/truck shipping phase. Mobile app still is at Ready For Transport.

Edit 2: The mobile app now also has updated to At The Port.

Last edited by RightYouAreKen; Yesterday at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #5794
OGPedro
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i X-Drive

So I did some digging through the last ~18 months in this forum to find out what ships people actually got on and the pattern is pretty consistent. I don't know who some of these carriers are because it's shockingly hard to find that out on this side of a paywall.

USA West Coast: Almost all ships are Leaders. Lyra Leader, Aphrodite Leader, Aries Leader, and now of course Cepheus Leader. There was also Green Ridge, but who knows what that was about.

USA East Coast: Aside from a few Grands (Grand Eagle, Grand Pioneer, Grand Ruby), they've all been Hyundai Glovis, whose website it very unhelpful. These ships have names like Glovis Champion, Glovis Star, Glovis Sunrise, etc.. Of the 14 east cost ships I found in this forum, 10 were Glovis.

This gives me hope that Glovis Sun, which is due in Veracruz today, is our winner. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 1
td143921.00
      Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #5795
drakederp
Rep
Drives: bmw m340i

Ordered m340i on feb 21. Went to production by april 12th. Sitting in ready for transport since april 24th. My dealer is based out of boston. Hoping that Glovis Sun would be the one
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #5796
td1439
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGPedro View Post
This gives me hope that Glovis Sun, which is due in Veracruz today, is our winner. Fingers crossed!

yeah. even if my car makes it onto this boat, it's still likely that I won't have it until early June. for a car that was built on March 28th.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #5797
M5wag
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGPedro View Post
So I did some digging through the last ~18 months in this forum to find out what ships people actually got on and the pattern is pretty consistent. I don't know who some of these carriers are because it's shockingly hard to find that out on this side of a paywall.

USA West Coast: Almost all ships are Leaders. Lyra Leader, Aphrodite Leader, Aries Leader, and now of course Cepheus Leader. There was also Green Ridge, but who knows what that was about.

USA East Coast: Aside from a few Grands (Grand Eagle, Grand Pioneer, Grand Ruby), they've all been Hyundai Glovis, whose website it very unhelpful. These ships have names like Glovis Champion, Glovis Star, Glovis Sunrise, etc.. Of the 14 east cost ships I found in this forum, 10 were Glovis.

Exactly my thoughts and yes the Glovis website is unbelievably infuriating haha
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #5798
Blazer9547
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightYouAreKen View Post
Cepheus Leader has just docked in Port Hueneme CA.

Edit: Website status changed to At The Port (which is a prior status to In Transit). Others have said it'll bounce back and forth during the ocean/truck shipping phase. Mobile app still is at Ready For Transport.

Edit 2: The mobile app now also has updated to At The Port.
Update from my CA!
Another update, not sure if you see this on your end but the M240 has been released to transport. This means it could be here in the next 5-10 days depending on trucking. Very exciting!
Appreciate 1
      Today, 01:27 PM   #5799
td1439
Rep

Info from my CA:

"Currently we have about 15-20 cars stuck at the Mexico port, reason for this being transportation has been short in the month of April in terms of boats picking up cars to bring them to Jersey. This info came from BMW themselves, as we reached out to check the status after noticing them not moving for a while (including yours). We are waiting for another update from them as of now, hopefully giving us a more accurate ETA"

I let him know I was hoping my car would make it onto Glovis Sun and asked him to let me know if he found out that it did so.

Overall, sounds like cars have piled up in Mexico and it's caused delays.
Appreciate 0