E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC-Mid / Business updating

08-29-2024, 03:46 PM   #1
drekly
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 2011 318d M Sport Touring

CIC-Mid / Business updating

Hi guys, I have a new (to me) 2011 E19 that I love to bits, but I'm interested in updating the maps, and possibly the CiC system, and generally looking to fiddle with the system to get the most out of it!

I spent a long time today getting the maps, realising I need the MOTION not PREMIUM maps, re-downloading, multiple trips out to the car and back, trying to get the right activation code using the VIN, realising it doesn't work, and realising I can't use the 1b tool on the cic-mid. (after lots of back and forth with a blank USB!)

So, my first question - how do I get the 1b.hex file for the cic-mid, in order to get the FSC, in order to update the maps?

And then next - what else can I do with her? Can I update the cic-mid system at all?

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to exploring my new car!
Appreciate 0