BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

05-02-2024, 05:43 AM   #23
WilcoJunoHotel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M240i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoka View Post
But I think we can all agree, putting a nearly solid plate in front of a radiator is not the most optimal solution.
Unless you drive a diesel in very cold temps.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 06:35 PM   #24
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilcoJunoHotel View Post
Right. We could remove the radiator entirely and we would have the same oil temps as a non-ZTK car.

IMO, this exposed radiator is a liability of huge proportion for cars driven daily and subject to the common debris found on roads today. If there was a way to remove mine, I would have done so; Instead, I just gave it a little bit of protection against the small stuff.

I did not know about this oil cooler when I bought the car and I picked the ZTK option for the brakes/wheels/tires primarily. Highly unlikely that I will ever track the car.
I wanted everything the ZTK package provides except the oil cooler. I considered removing it but didn’t want to mess anything up so I decided to roll with it, no pun intended. I think the Turner plate with SS mesh is money well spent. Easier than removing it and you will get the cooling benefit, which a turbo motor can benefit from on those days when you are beating on the car. I do not track my car either, 100% a daily driver/work commuter.
Appreciate 1