E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > ETS N55 Chargepipe

06-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
Sambonjo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335 Xdrive 6MT

Garage List
ETS N55 Chargepipe

Hey Guys,

I installed my ETS CP last weekend and have a couple questions.

1. I'm pretty sure there is no need to transfer the factory O-ring to this pipe. Is that correct?

2. I've seen a few people say to stay away from silicon coupling on CPs. Is this just because its tougher to get the T-bolts tight enough to not pop-off under boost? Basically, are pipes that use the factory C-clip more secure than the silicon couples ones (ETS)?

I will say that I love the look of the pipe. It was a bit difficult to line up the connectors on the TB and intercooler side but once I got it, the connectors seem to fit great. Only real issue with it is that the T-Map sensor opening on the pipe was very tight. Took quite a while to work the sensor into place. Maybe I was doing something wrong.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambonjo View Post
Hey Guys,

I installed my ETS CP last weekend and have a couple questions.

1. I'm pretty sure there is no need to transfer the factory O-ring to this pipe. Is that correct?

2. I've seen a few people say to stay away from silicon coupling on CPs. Is this just because its tougher to get the T-bolts tight enough to not pop-off under boost? Basically, are pipes that use the factory C-clip more secure than the silicon couples ones (ETS)?

I will say that I love the look of the pipe. It was a bit difficult to line up the connectors on the TB and intercooler side but once I got it, the connectors seem to fit great. Only real issue with it is that the T-Map sensor opening on the pipe was very tight. Took quite a while to work the sensor into place. Maybe I was doing something wrong.
1. No need to transfer O-ring as thats for the C-clip

2. C-Clip pipes are more secure as silicone couplers tend to pop off, but thats usually due to them not being tightened enough.

Mike
Appreciate 0