E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Looking for Help in SC (Charleston)

08-07-2015, 08:39 AM   #1
jk315
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Crimson Red MT

Looking for Help in SC (Charleston)

Hey guys, so doing my research I see this is a common problem with our cars.
Anyone know of someone or a shop that does interior stuff. My passenger side door grab/handle is melting and looks like doo doo. I don't know if the 3m Carbon Fiber wraps they make could be done here to cover it up or just need a new one. Either way I hate doing door panel stuff, have done it before with other cars and just rather pay someone to do mine. Any help would be appreciated! Pics for reference below..

RIP---2008 335i 6 speed sedan~Cobb V3 Stage 1 aggressive map~335is clutch~BMS DSCI~Muffler delete w/ 4" stainless tips~19" Lorenzo WL27 Wheels~Painted smoked tails~F10 style LED CF side markers~Mtech front and rear bumpers w/ M Sport Performance CF diffuser~ZHP shift knob~25% tint all around
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
Digitalinkartist
MrSixSpeed
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Garage Queen

Seems like hot weather and direct sun exposure really degrades the soft touch coatings.

E90 door panels are super EZ and relatively foolproof. Total of three #20 Torx screws and a handful of clips.

The pull is like $30 and there are youtube diy's on replacement.

I strongly suggest purchasing a complete set of the OEM plastic trim clips and replacing the lot when removing the door card. They are designed for one time use and sometimes don't clip correctly when reused. They are like $.50 ea each

GL