E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone Used DMS Automotive UK?

02-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
Kev_G
Private
Rep
Drives: non

Anyone Used DMS Automotive UK?

As above has anyone used them? I am looking to get my E91 325d Touring mapped and they seem to be in my eyes the best for the money. Decent gains in power and torque, great warranty and after service along with rolling road figures before and after with mpg increase. Granted its the opposite end of the uk from me but wondered if you guys had any experience with them at all?

Thanks

Kev
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
litany
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 330dA M57NA

You mean DMS in Totton near Southampton?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
Kev_G
Private
Rep

Yes thats them
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #4
litany
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 330dA M57NA

One of best available tuner in UK. Worth any penny spent on their service.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 12:42 AM   #5
Dace64
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

There are a few alternatives closer to home....
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 01:28 AM   #6
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Unless they've massively reduced their prices they were bloody expensive for the same gains as most tbh. They aren't all that above the rest. Plenty of other alternatives I would have thought nearer you.
      02-04-2016, 02:18 AM   #7
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Save me starting a thread, anyone recommend a company in or near essex
      02-04-2016, 03:01 AM   #8
abeardo83
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_G View Post
As above has anyone used them? I am looking to get my E91 325d Touring mapped and they seem to be in my eyes the best for the money. Decent gains in power and torque, great warranty and after service along with rolling road figures before and after with mpg increase. Granted its the opposite end of the uk from me but wondered if you guys had any experience with them at all?

Thanks

Kev
Kev - have you checked out TDi North in Warrington, or EFI in Runcorn? Both have good reputations and are WAAAAAY closer than Southampton.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 05:21 AM   #9
Kev_G
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace64 View Post
There are a few alternatives closer to home....
I know but it was the rolling road before and after figures along with the after care I was thinking. I know of 2 companies within minutes of my house that are very very good but unsure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Unless they've massively reduced their prices they were bloody expensive for the same gains as most tbh. They aren't all that above the rest. Plenty of other alternatives I would have thought nearer you.
£500 basically for the work

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeardo83 View Post
Kev - have you checked out TDi North in Warrington, or EFI in Runcorn? Both have good reputations and are WAAAAAY closer than Southampton.
Im not sure Chris @ EFI will do it but TDI I assumed where just Vtec junkies (Ive just sold my type r!)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #10
Dace64
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Had mine done today from Simon at e-maps. Absolutely superb!! Transforms the car no end..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:25 AM   #11
Kev_G
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace64 View Post
Had mine done today from Simon at e-maps. Absolutely superb!! Transforms the car no end..
wheres he based?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #12
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
wheres he based?
He'll travel to you I believe (or used to). But no before or after of the map. I had my 328ci done by him many, many years ago.

Last edited by RajB; 02-05-2016 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #13
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

I had evolve do my 335 back in the day, they take some beating for service and overall knowledge
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:38 PM   #14
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
I had evolve do my 335 back in the day, they take some beating for service and overall knowledge
Think that's debatable from some of the experiences I know of. Maybe they were isolated cases though.
      02-05-2016, 02:54 PM   #15
Dace64
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
wheres he based?
As said earlier, he travels to you. He did mine at at work. Great guy with a wealth of experience and is so knowledgeable too.

I would highly recommend him.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 03:15 PM   #16
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

I met Rob from DMS back in 2005, I researched long and hard and discouverd that these guys at the time were head and shoulders above the rest, times have changed to a degree DMS have evolved too.

But in 2005 they had the answers the reviews and Rob was and I'd imagine still is a great advert for the company. Unlike most companys they buy research most if not all the products they eventually put to market. Its a constantly evolving process when I spoke to Rob back in 2005 they had a couple of 330d's on their books being the old 184bhp model and the later spec 204bhp model he explained the differences from the factory plus the differences he'd found in terms of getting the best out of them safely. I felt comfortable at the time with what he said what he was offering and advising.

Thing is at that time it was pricy, today DMS are still pricy, but look what they are involved with now BMW's are almost the lower field of their portfolio, now they are in toLambo's, Ferrari's and Porsche's and have a development centre right by the side of the Nurenbergring that they opened a little over a year ago for serious development, they are IMO in a slightly different league to the average remapping company....... thing is for the driver/owner and the end result of all this R&D is the difference in the price worth the extra I still think they've got an excdellent product and reputation

Moving on Simon at eMaps has been mentioned I had my 335i re mpped by Simon back in 2013 and here is another person who understand the product the custoemr and delivers. Look at his feedback and you'll understand. I found his remap on my 335i very smooth very linier and I was happy with it very happy..... until I had an issue (which wasn't Simon's fault or related to his map trust me)

As some of you know I work for A1BN, so after having to flash my map back to std for a reason we re mapped my car. So far I've had 3 maps on my car through work currently the 3rd map for me is like Simon's map only more powerful but maintains the smooth linier approach his map delivered, the other 2 were very different and just goes to show you how important it can sometimes be to listen to what the customer wants and ensure the end result is delivered.

The power from a re map will be the first thing someone new to it will feel but after a few weeks the power becomes less of a highlight the driveability and application becomes just as important and this is where you have to box cleaver.
      02-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #17
Kev_G
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
I met Rob from DMS back in 2005, I researched long and hard and discouverd that these guys at the time were head and shoulders above the rest, times have changed to a degree DMS have evolved too.

But in 2005 they had the answers the reviews and Rob was and I'd imagine still is a great advert for the company. Unlike most companys they buy research most if not all the products they eventually put to market. Its a constantly evolving process when I spoke to Rob back in 2005 they had a couple of 330d's on their books being the old 184bhp model and the later spec 204bhp model he explained the differences from the factory plus the differences he'd found in terms of getting the best out of them safely. I felt comfortable at the time with what he said what he was offering and advising.

Thing is at that time it was pricy, today DMS are still pricy, but look what they are involved with now BMW's are almost the lower field of their portfolio, now they are in toLambo's, Ferrari's and Porsche's and have a development centre right by the side of the Nurenbergring that they opened a little over a year ago for serious development, they are IMO in a slightly different league to the average remapping company....... thing is for the driver/owner and the end result of all this R&D is the difference in the price worth the extra I still think they've got an excdellent product and reputation

Moving on Simon at eMaps has been mentioned I had my 335i re mpped by Simon back in 2013 and here is another person who understand the product the custoemr and delivers. Look at his feedback and you'll understand. I found his remap on my 335i very smooth very linier and I was happy with it very happy..... until I had an issue (which wasn't Simon's fault or related to his map trust me)

As some of you know I work for A1BN, so after having to flash my map back to std for a reason we re mapped my car. So far I've had 3 maps on my car through work currently the 3rd map for me is like Simon's map only more powerful but maintains the smooth linier approach his map delivered, the other 2 were very different and just goes to show you how important it can sometimes be to listen to what the customer wants and ensure the end result is delivered.

The power from a re map will be the first thing someone new to it will feel but after a few weeks the power becomes less of a highlight the driveability and application becomes just as important and this is where you have to box cleaver.
Fantastic information there and many thanks for taking the time to write such a in depth piece for me. DMS still appeal and I will be lapping the at the nurburgring in June as I have all my cars the last several years so knowing they have a development centre there is also good news

I guess this is simons website - http://www.e-maps.co.uk/
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #18
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Yep thats his site
      02-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #19
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

I used DMS on my 330d LCI. Absolutely brilliant ... and they came to me - you don't have to go to them. My car gave 305bhp and felt every bit of that. If I was having my current Z4 35iS mapped I would use them ... but, like last time, haggle re the price !
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 06:30 AM   #20
Kev_G
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO8 View Post
I used DMS on my 330d LCI. Absolutely brilliant ... and they came to me - you don't have to go to them. My car gave 305bhp and felt every bit of that. If I was having my current Z4 35iS mapped I would use them ... but, like last time, haggle re the price !
Haggle you say hmm on what basis do I haggle so I have something credible to haggle with?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 08:21 AM   #21
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

I have only heard positive things about DMS, however, as mentioned, they reflect their development/knowledge/facilites in their pricing. That is not say they are not worth it, but you have to understand what their price really reflects. I understand they put a lot into the products they sell, and as such, their price reflects this.

On another note, I have also heard positive things about emaps etc. I had my 330d e46 mapped by CNL Remaps in the midlands (but he will travel also). I paid around 30% of what DMS were charging at the time, and I ran the car for 3 years without issue. I was 205bhp stock, and when I eventually had it on a dyno, it was putting out 265bhp and 440ft/lbs torque. I had no issue with it, and would remap another via CNL Remaps in the future.

I have also heard very good things about Evolve Automotive, based in Luton. Having been to see their premises, and look at what they do, they too seem to be very competent and are worth serious consideration.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 03:31 AM   #22
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

I just said 'no way' when they quoted something like £750+VAT. I said £750 was still double anyone else and much as I would love to use them I was simply not prepared to pay that. After a short chat we ended up at I think £500 or £600. It is a couple of years ago now and my 330d is long gone but if you look at my earlier threads re DMS it should show it. They were still dear but I was very impressed with the map and their easy to deal with manner. How much they are prepared to move on price I guess varies according to the specific car and how busy they are.
Appreciate 0