E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > P30BA Error-Help Please!

03-29-2017, 05:29 AM   #1
Acschnitzer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
P30BA Error-Help Please!

Has anyone in the U.K. come across this code error before?

Code is P30BA-Injector, power stage

My 07/57 335i went into limp mode under acceleration and this is the only code the Cobb AP is reading.
The car is misfiring at idle and under acceleration...

Seems to be a common issue (relating to the DME and transistors?) in the US but can't find any threads in the UK forum.

I've got the BMW extended warranty but wondered if there were any thoughts before I put it into the main dealer...

Last edited by Acschnitzer; 04-01-2017 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 05:54 AM   #2
Acschnitzer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Just to update,

Thankfully had recovery included under the BMW extended warranty as I couldn't even drive down the street limp mode was so bad!

Sent into dealer (Thursday) who set about following the service procedure which included changing all 6 spark plugs and all coils/injectors on bank 1...

The issue still remained so next step is to replace the DME/ECU which is now on order from Germany and due to be fitted Tuesday/Weds.

Looks like I'm experiencing the same issue as a number of the U.S guys, only they go the cheap route and repair transistors themselves...luckily for me BMW have approved the work under the warranty (highly recommended if you don't have it!), with me contributing £100 excess and £95 for replacement spark plugs.

Total bill to date £2400

US thread link in case anyone is without warranty and showing the same codes;
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=Dme+mosfet
Appreciate 0