E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > 6/16 MIR Drag rental results and pics

06-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

6/16 MIR Drag rental results and pics

posted this in the 335 drivetrain section and figured it should be here instead.

was a crazy day with ups and downs.

NHRA was at the track over the weekend. The Top Fuel guys were there Saturday doing their 300mph+ blasts so the track was in great shape for them.

We had the left lane rented out and the NHRA pro mods had the right lane.....it was a hoot watching them blast off, then seeing a measly low 11 second run from a CL65 AMG, what a contrast.

I finally got back to the track after running 12.89 w/ just V1.47 and stock RFT last November.

My car has been having a constant limp mode problem for the past several weeks, runs great until 5500rpms in 3rd gear, then limp. I was running the Attache w/ FMIC/DP tune and tried everything I could think of to stop the limping. Went and visited Mark @ Helix in Philly and he logged all types of things and was convinced it was not the tune but a hardware related issue. He's right I think, he called me today to tell me he's still working on it.

I switched to a JBX a few days ago in hopes it would cure the limps, no luck. Had a few 3rd gear pulls on the highway yesterday that were limp free so to the track I went. Put in the 104 octane and had at it. Went out and tested different JBX settings, all limped at 5500rpms in 3rd, so set it to JB2HHR (all the way up) and decided to short shift out of 3rd into 4th at 5000rpms to skip the limp. Well all that did was create a limp in 4th before I crossed the finish line. Ran 4 times with these results. Honestly, for street tires, shifting at 5000rpms (leaving 1700rpms of peak HP on the table) and limping before finishing i'm really happy w the results.

1) 12.81 111.19mph 2.001 60ft
2) 12.79 113.16mph 2.076 60ft
3) 12.62 110.71mph 1.928 60ft
4) 12.66 112.44mph 1.958 60ft

The 12.62 is my new personal best....whats really funny about it I shifted into 5th gear at the end of the run to avoid the limp in 4th

5th!!

its safe to say my car is making plenty of power, I just need it to run right.

I left a lot on the table today w/ the car.......

Here are some pics and more info from the day......some others weren't as lucky as I was and didnt leave w/ their cars intact.

Clem from the boards was there today...I'll let him chime in on his impressions and his run info

launching.....he actually pulled a 1.8x 60 foot on street tires and 6MT...only to miss 2nd

Me staging, Clem took these shots

One of my runs

Cooling down...DA was over 2100 ft today. It was HOT.

BMWSOB launching on his 1st run.....

CL65 AMG launching. Great to see someone raging on a car this expensive. Hit mid 11's stock.

Blackbenzz launching his beast

mid 11's CLK55 cooling down

CL600 Renntech / CL65 / E63 Renntech

Another angle

Very nice M3/4 w/ GT35R that was running 128-129mph traps on pump gas....

The stars of the day were the ProMod cars. This particular one was a BEAST. According to the crew chief who I spoke with, this car holds the current record for highest trap at 248mph in ProMod. I can tell you, it will bust your ear drums out. I was able to get very close to these cars while they were idling/ burning out/ launching and HOLY CRAP is it awesome.

Take a look at this et and mph....something look weird??

and the worst wreck on the day. Beautiful Huge turbo Supra totalled. He foolishly kept in it after spinning the whole track. the rear end finally kicked out to the left and then caught. I was watching this in horror. As soon as it caught at the end of the track, his car SHOT across the track and impacted the right concrete wall almost head on. His car jumped a good 6-8ft in the air and landed back on the nose, then spun around for a few more hundred feet. The driver luckily walked away.....his car however may never see a road again.

His friend came and picked him up, another very nice, very fast Supra
      06-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #2
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX DG/Blk

That track really looks nice.

I am impressed with those ET and trap especially with your very short shifting.

Thanks for the post.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Nice pics, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
That track really looks nice.

I am impressed with those ET and trap especially with your very short shifting.

Thanks for the post.
me too......car was running like a scalded cat up to the limp mode cutoff. It would great to be able to make a full pass. Might break the 115mph barrier.

We have another track rental in November, nice cool air = big power!