E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > E9(x) blower recall question (fuse #77)

11-06-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
rusty_sojah
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 440

E9(x) blower recall question (fuse #77)

just took my e93 in for the blower motor wire recall thing.

basically 3 days ago was driving and the entire climate control panel went dark, not lights no controls. i found out it was fuse 77 and fuse 77 was blown. i replaced the fuse and it worked for about 5 minutes then blew, then again on 3rd fuse.

i found out that there is a recall for a bad blower motor wire so i dropped off the car an hour ago to get that replaced.

i told the repair tech guy of my issue and he said it probably won't fix my issue since he said he saw many with my issue and it didn't fix it after they replaced an often times bad/melted wire. i asked him if they replace the fuse (#77) after they do the wire and he said flat out, "NO". i explained that it obviously wouldn't work until after they replaced the fuse and I asked him if they could replace the fuse and he said they would have to bill that as labor.

the guy kept saying that he didn't believe my blown #77 fuse was related to this recall. anyone have any knowledge if this recall wire is in the circuitry for fuse #77?

they are going to call me after the recall wire is replaced and have me replace the bad fuse before allowing them to bill me for any additional troubleshooting.

any thoughts or advice?

oh yeah and also i managed to break my little thin plastic bmw fuse puller thing and was hoping to be able to ask them for another. i'm sure that will really not get a positive response... they prolly won't even know what i'm talking about

thanks,
      11-06-2018, 03:57 AM   #2
lightmanek
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i N54 MT ST PI FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_sojah View Post

basically 3 days ago was driving and the entire climate control panel went dark, not lights no controls. i found out it was fuse 77 and fuse 77 was blown. i replaced the fuse and it worked for about 5 minutes then blew, then again on 3rd fuse.

i found out that there is a recall for a bad blower motor wire so i dropped off the car an hour ago to get that replaced.

i told the repair tech guy of my issue and he said it probably won't fix my issue since he said he saw many with my issue and it didn't fix it after they replaced an often times bad/melted wire. i asked him if they replace the fuse (#77) after they do the wire and he said flat out, "NO". i explained that it obviously wouldn't work until after they replaced the fuse and I asked him if they could replace the fuse and he said they would have to bill that as labor.

the guy kept saying that he didn't believe my blown #77 fuse was related to this recall. anyone have any knowledge if this recall wire is in the circuitry for fuse #77?

they are going to call me after the recall wire is replaced and have me replace the bad fuse before allowing them to bill me for any additional troubleshooting.

any thoughts or advice?

oh yeah and also i managed to break my little thin plastic bmw fuse puller thing and was hoping to be able to ask them for another. i'm sure that will really not get a positive response... they prolly won't even know what i'm talking about

thanks,
My 2006 E92 was recalled a month ago, but my car was still working fine when I dropped it to BMW service.
I know that they need to take out glove compartment and cup holders to access the recall wire as these were the parts they left their greasy fingerprints on ... BMW service

Sorry, can't help you much more than that.
Appreciate 1
Jklad422.00
      11-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmanek View Post
Quote:

any thoughts or advice?

thanks,
My 2006 E92 was recalled a month ago, but my car was still working fine when I dropped it to BMW service.
I know that they need to take out glove compartment and cup holders to access the recall wire as these were the parts they left their greasy fingerprints on ... BMW service

Sorry, can't help you much more than that.
This is helpful, I have to drop mine off next week for this also and helpful to know where they will be working. That's annoying they'd have to bill for the fuse, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to charge 40-50$ for 15 min labor.
      03-03-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
j.t.
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Garage List
My car was serviced for the recall back in September. Yesterday my climate control stopped working, I later figured out it was fuse 77. I changed it twice after it had blown after changing one after the other. I'm really frustrated at this point and now I'm going to try to get an appointment with the dealership.
      03-21-2019, 01:15 PM   #5
rusty_sojah
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.t. View Post
My car was serviced for the recall back in September. Yesterday my climate control stopped working, I later figured out it was fuse 77. I changed it twice after it had blown after changing one after the other. I'm really frustrated at this point and now I'm going to try to get an appointment with the dealership.
yeah i ended up paying 1 hour of maintenance and they replaced a melted wire, but the problem was solved. good luck!
      03-22-2019, 08:38 PM   #6
j.t.
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
yeah i ended up paying 1 hour of maintenance and they replaced a melted wire, but the problem was solved. good luck!
They changed my fuse a couple of weeks ago and it was fine and hadn't blown since. I don't understand. Anyways I had to pay for one hour of service too.
      03-06-2022, 01:48 PM   #7
clements552
Registered
Rep
Drives: 318m

Quote:
They changed my fuse a couple of weeks ago and it was fine and hadn't blown since. I don't understand. Anyways I had to pay for one hour of service too.
Changed fuse 61 for me as no 77 fuse in there got the climate and front glove box light and rear tailgate light.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 12:10 AM   #8
dlinares
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

dealers...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 07:01 AM   #9
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep