E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Android 8.0 deck and Hotspot

05-26-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
ducatiti
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Android 8.0 deck and Hotspot

New to Android and hotspot in general.

Can we get internet connection via Bluetooth hotspot from an iPhone?

Reason I ask is because my Eonon does automatically not connect to either my hotspot dongle device or iPhone hotspot via Wifi when Bluetooth is connected. I have to turn off my bluetooth on my phone in order for the Android to connect automatically when I start the car. But then again, I will have to connect the bluetooth manually after lol. I just want to get in the car and automatically go online without having to go through the hotspot and/or network settings. So far, I am not getting automatic network connectivity when connected to my phone via Bluetooth.

I've been playing with the settings still since I only had the Eonon for a day so far. Whenever I start the car, I have to open my hotspot setting on the iPhone (without pressing or activating anything) in order for the Eonon see the device.

I have the “save last memory” enabled on the Eonon but I’m not sure if that’s only with the clock and car settings.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by ducatiti; 05-26-2019 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 0