E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > It's the economy, stupid

10-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

It's the economy, stupid

Not surprisingly, the stock market tanking is putting my upcomming purchase in doubt. I did keep enough cash out of the market so that I can afford the car. The main problem now is selling my old one. I was by the used car lot at the Beemer dealer yesterday. The manager had just been to an auction. He told me he'd been doing this for 30 years and have never seen a used car market this bad in his career. I suspect a lot of drivers are just going to try and get an extra year or two out of their car since trade ins have no value and the private market is not going to offer much.

If the situation doens't turn around soon, I may have to ask for my deposit back.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0