E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY and Review for AVT Innovation Intake Scoops

07-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #1
ethanjoon
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6MT, E90 330i 6MT

DIY and Review for AVT Innovation Intake Scoops

I installed some new scoops on my car and figured I drop a little DIY and review for them. I got them from AVT Innovations and these are actually the second set I’ve purchased from them. I installed a set on my E90 330i about 8 years ago and they’ve held up very well; so I figured I get the same ones for my new E92 335i. I like these scoops a lot and I would recommend them.

These new ones came in Red (powdercoated, and they also come in Black) and I painted them Metallic Blue (using Duplicolor Metalcast Blue). You can see the original Red, as well as my new Blue color in the pictures below (I installed them twice).

Before I begin, I want to point out that doing any work on your car is inherently risky. If you decide to perform this on your car, I am not responsible for any loss or damage to your car, self, house, tools, or anything else that may occur when performing this task.

Tools Needed:
- T20 (preferably with an extension)
- Pliers
- Flathead screwdriver / pry tool

Steps:
- Remove the two T20 screws holding the plastic cover to the intake cowl.
- Remove the two fasteners (they are called Plastic Spread Rivets) holding the plastic cover to the vehicle. To do this, I used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the rivet out, and then used a flathead screwdriver to pry the fastener out.
- Now you can slide the scoops into place.

I hope this helps someone out. I am happy to answer questions if needed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0