E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Best car/floor/shop jack and axle stands?

11-08-2021, 01:21 AM   #1
Processing61
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325D

Best car/floor/shop jack and axle stands?

Hi,

I have 325d E91 msport and I was wondering if there is a long enough low profile Jack which reaches the front and rear jacking points, straight away. Without having to lift the car up first to then use the jack? I know it’s just driving up on to pieces of wood first but, I need a new Jack anyway, so getting one that works without doing that would be great.

And also is there a particular set of axle stands that work/fit nicely in the plastic jacking pads at the 4 corners of the car?

Would do you guys/girls use?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 03:12 PM   #2
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

So I've just purchased a Halfords Advanced 3tonne trolley jack but most I've had over the years aren't long enough to get to the front central jacking point with lowered cars. I might get a pair of low profile ramps to drive the car up to then use the jack with which could be the better option.
      11-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #3
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

I’ve got the Halfords advanced Jack and 4 of their axel stands. Yes the Jack won’t reach the front centre jacking point on my lowered e92 but driving the front wheels onto some wood isn’t too much trouble and is a lot cheaper than those very long low chassis jacks.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 12:31 AM   #4
Processing61
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325D

Thanks guys. Yeah I agree after looking about, the low profile long reach jacks are super expensive. It’s worth the extra minute or two to get a bit of wood each side and drive up onto it lol. On my last e90 I could just get my Halfords advanced Jack to the front point, it was an SE though.

Definitely would love to get some quick jacks in the future
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 05:20 AM   #5
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

You can use two jacks, one to jack up the front side jacking point then you can get the second jack under the centre point then put the jack stands under in place of the first jack.

Two normal jacks are probably still cheaper than one capable of getting under the nose of the E90.

I use the Arcan jack from Costco now, it's been well used over the last 5 years and still works fine. I had a Halfords one before but it lasted a year before it started to lower on its own and it took way more effort to pump up.
Appreciate 0