BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

12-20-2021, 12:56 PM   #1
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

AG Wheel and Tire

Hello. I finally got assigned a production number for my 240i order and I noticed it says AG standard wheel and tire when I spec'd the 792 wheel with the Performance non RFT.

Any one else see the same thing happening on their order or know what "AG Wheel and tire" stands for? I wonder why it doesn't specifically state the tire option similar to what happens if you spec the other tire options.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
wk240i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M240i, BMW 2016 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3mahesh View Post
Hello. I finally got assigned a production number for my 240i order and I noticed it says AG standard wheel and tire when I spec'd the 792 wheel with the Performance non RFT.

Any one else see the same thing happening on their order or know what "AG Wheel and tire" stands for? I wonder why it doesn't specifically state the tire option similar to what happens if you spec the other tire options.
I'd check with your CA to make sure they got it right. I asked for change in tires before my car went into production, was told by my CA that the change had gone through, but the final build specs don't show it. He said they will deal with it at the dealership...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 02:45 PM   #3
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk240i View Post
I'd check with your CA to make sure they got it right. I asked for change in tires before my car went into production, was told by my CA that the change had gone through, but the final build specs don't show it. He said they will deal with it at the dealership...
Thanks for the headsup. My CA is currently out of office due to COVID protocol but was able to confirm with BMW Genius that it is indeed the right wheel option I chose and the production is scheduled for Week 3 in January.

Hopefully, your dealership can sort it out properly before they deliver it to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 04:35 PM   #4
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3mahesh View Post

Yes, it's an odd nomenclature and doesn't match up with what all the other combos show but that is correct for the 792 w/ non-RFT.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 09:33 PM   #5
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks for confirming Barathon
Appreciate 0