F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW model updates / upgrades as of Spring 2022 [international]
proTUNING Freaks

01-25-2022, 07:04 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

BMW model updates / upgrades as of Spring 2022 [international]

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW model update measures as of spring 2022
COMMENTS

January 26, 2022

Munich. Parallel to the launch of the new BMW 8 Series, the new BMW M8 model family, the BMW iX M60 (power consumption combined: 24.5 – 21.9 kWh/100 km according to WLTP; CO2 emissions: 0 g/km) and the special edition BMW X2 Goldplay, BMW is increasing the appeal of numerous other models with additional drive variants and equipment features as of spring 2022. From March 2022, new model variants will expand the range for the BMW 2 Series Coupé, the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé. The Parking Assistant Professional, presented for the first time, is optionally available for all model variants of the BMW iX and allows the vehicle to be manoeuvred via smartphone. The My BMW app also features additional functions that make charging the high-voltage battery in the purely electric and plug-in hybrid BMW models even more convenient.

New driver assistance systems, which are optionally available in the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer as well as the BMW X3 and BMW X4 models, provide added comfort. In addition, the range of body finishes, upholstery variants and light-alloy wheels for the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé, the BMW i4, the BMW iX and the BMW M5 (fuel consumption combined: 11.3 – 11.1 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 259 – 253 g/km according to WLTP) receives further variants. To mark the 50th anniversary of BMW M GmbH, particularly striking "BMW Motorsport" emblems are optionally available for BMW M automobiles in conjunction with an M sports package.

Additional engine variant for the new BMW 2 Series Coupé.

Sheer driving pleasure in the BMW 2 Series Coupé can be experienced in a further variant from March 2022. The fourth engine option for the dynamic two-door model is a 2.0 litre 4-cylinder petrol engine with an output of 180 kW/245 hp and a maximum torque of 400 Nm. The new drive unit will feature in the BMW 230i Coupé (fuel consumption combined: 7.2 – 6.5 l/100 km; CO2 emissions: 163 – 149 g/km according to WLTP) with classic rear-wheel drive. Power delivery and emissions behaviour have been optimised by an exhaust manifold integrated into the cylinder head and an advanced turbocharging system for the BMW TwinPower Turbo technology.

The new engine is combined with an 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission as standard. The range of equipment and functions includes gearshift paddles on the steering wheel and Launch Control, which enables the new BMW 230i Coupé to accelerate from a standstill to 100 km/h in 5.9 seconds. Among other things, an M sports differential in the final drive is available as an option for the new model variant.

New BMW 2 Series Active Tourer now also with BMW xDrive, additional body finishes and optimised Driving Assistant Plus.

Versatile functionality, hallmark driving pleasure and distinctive dynamic design characterise the second generation of the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer, which will also be available with intelligent all-wheel drive from March 2022. The new BMW 223i xDrive Active Tourer (fuel consumption combined: 7.1 – 6.5 l/100 km; CO2 emissions: 160 – 148 g/km according to WLTP) is the fifth model variant of the modern all-rounder in the premium compact segment. Its BMW xDrive system transfers the power of a 4-cylinder petrol engine with 48-volt mild hybrid technology to all four wheels as required. The drive of the new BMW 223i xDrive Active Tourer delivers 160 kW/218 hp, generated jointly by its combustion engine with up to 150 kW/204 hp and the electric drive with up to 14 kW/19 hp. The electric auxiliary drive contributes to a particularly spontaneous accelerating response. The new model variant sprints from a standstill to 100 km/h in 6.9 seconds.

The new Piedmont Red metallic body finish will also be available from March 2022 for the new BMW 2 Series Active Tourer. In addition, the range of functions of the optionally available Driving Assistant Plus has been expanded to include Steering and Lane Guidance Assist. At speeds of up to 180 km/h, the system uses corrective steering interventions to help the driver keep the new BMW 2 Series Active Tourer in the centre of the lane. The steering assistance also ensures that a suitable distance to lane markings and vehicles on the adjacent lane is maintained when driving through narrow spaces, for example at motorway construction sites. In addition, Driving Assistant Plus includes Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, including automatic Speed Limit Assist. This is based on the Speed Limit Info system with anticipatory display of speed limits and overtaking bans.

Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function now also available for the BMW X3 and BMW X4.

The range of optionally available driver assistance systems will also be extended for the BMW X3 and BMW X4 models as of spring 2022. Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function will be available for the Sports Activity Vehicle and the Sports Activity Coupé in the premium mid-size class from April 2022.

Unlike the already standard cruise control with braking function, it not only keeps the desired speed between 30 and 160 km/h constant, but also the distance to vehicles ahead, which can be selected by the driver in four stages. Distance control is carried out by means of a radar sensor integrated into the front bumper and, if necessary, makes the vehicle decelerate to a standstill. The range of functions also includes automatic restarting after short intermediate stops of up to three seconds. In addition, the system offers the driver the option of adopting speed limits registered by the Systems Speed Limit Info traffic sign recognition system as the new desired speed at the touch of a button.

New BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé with further all-wheel-drive variant.

The model range for the new BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé will include a further variant as of spring 2022. The BMW 430i xDrive Gran Coupé (fuel consumption combined: 7.9 – 7.1 l/100 km; CO2 emissions: 180 – 162 g/km according to WLTP) is the third model in the range in which intelligent all-wheel drive delivers particularly superior power transmission. The BMW xDrive system distributes the power generated by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine with an output of 180 kW/245 hp and a maximum torque of 400 Nm to all four wheels as required.

The standard equipment of the new BMW 430i xDrive Gran Coupé also includes an 8-speed Steptronic transmission. This combination of engine, transmission and all-wheel drive enables acceleration from zero to 100 km/h in 6.1 seconds.

New equipment options for the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé and the BMW i4.

In addition to the new drive variant, the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé will also offer numerous additional options for customising the exterior and interior from March 2022. These are also available for the all-electric BMW i4 and include new body finishes and leather trims as well as an M Carbon exterior package.

The BMW Individual special paint finishes Brilliant White metallic and Frozen Dark Grey metallic are new to the range of body colours. In addition, the BMW Individual body finishes Frozen Pure Grey metallic and Frozen Portimao Blue metallic are also available for the respective BMW M automobiles and in conjunction with the M Sport model. The BMW i4 M50 (power consumption combined: 22.5 – 18.0 kWh/100 km according to WLTP; CO2 emissions: 0 g/km) for which the M Carbon exterior package was exclusively reserved so far, will also be available for all other model variants of the BMW i4 and the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé from March 2022, also in conjunction with the M Sport model. It includes surrounds for the air curtains in the front apron, exterior mirror caps, a rear spoiler and diffuser insert trims made of the equally light and striking carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic.

In the interior of the BMW i4 and the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé, customers can select particularly high-quality features with the extended BMW Individual Merino leather upholstery in the colour variants Black, Ivory White, Tartufo, Fjord Blue/Black and Fiona Red/Black. For an even more exclusive ambience, the BMW Individual full leather Merino interior, available in the same colours, also includes leather upholstery on the instrument panel. In addition, individual interior design preferences can also be fulfilled from March 2022 onwards thanks to special upholstery from the BMW Individual programme.

Parking Assistant Professional premieres in the BMW iX.

The BMW iX underpins its status as a technology flagship with the premiere of a new and unique system for automated parking. Available from March 2022 for all model variants, Parking Assistant Professional enables particularly convenient parking in automated driving mode.

Using GPS and trajectory data defined by steering movements, the system can store various manoeuvres with a route length of up to 200 metres each. When arriving again at the respective starting point, Parking Assistant Professional can then take over the complete driving task including accelerating, braking, steering and changing between forward and reverse gear. The driver can concentrate on monitoring the surroundings during the automated manoeuvre.

The BMW Individual paint finish Oxid Grey metallic and 22-inch M aerodynamic wheels in Bicolour Titanium Bronze with 3D gloss finish are new to the equipment range for all model variants of the BMW iX.

My BMW App with new functions for convenient charging.

The My BMW App is the universal interface for communication between the driver, the vehicle, the BMW brand and the BMW dealer. In spring 2022, its range of functions will be expanded to include digital services from BMW Charging for convenient electric mobility. This makes it even easier for drivers of a BMW model with purely electric or plug-in hybrid drive to find and select public charging stations. The My BMW app shows charging stations and their availability on a map section.

In addition, the My BMW app also makes it easier to use public charging points. Drivers of a BMW iX or a BMW i4 can now start charging the high-voltage battery by scanning a QR code or with just one operating step in the My BMW app.

Individual dynamics: New body finishes for the BMW M5, classic emblems to mark the anniversary of BMW M GmbH.

New and particularly expressive paint finishes will be available for the BMW M5 high-performance sedan as of spring 2022. The exterior of the high-performance model can now also be given an individual look with the body finishes Sophisto Grey Brilliant Effect metallic, San Remo Green metallic and Skyscraper Grey metallic as well as with the BMW Individual paint finish Frozen Deep Grey metallic.

A historic logo also makes a comeback in the BMW M GmbH anniversary year. The classic "BMW Motorsport" emblems for the engine compartment lid, tailgate and wheel hub covers are available on request for all of the brand's performance and high-performance sports cars, as well as for BMW models delivered as an M Sport model or with an M sports package. Their design is based on the logo in the colours blue, purple and red, which was first used in 1973 on the racing cars of BMW Motorsport GmbH, which had been established the year before. On the occasion of its 50th anniversary, BMW M GmbH is offering its customers the opportunity to express their passion for racing and their sense of tradition with these historic emblems.

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 11:13 AM   #2
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
So nothing too exciting. Let's hope there's more to come this year.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3478.50
      01-26-2022, 11:19 AM   #3
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
I came here for news on the G20 LCI
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 11:30 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

hard to come out with too much new fire with chip issues still looming and looking to get worst before they get better (+ supply chain issues etc...)

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
GGG333603.50
      01-26-2022, 11:43 AM   #5
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

So how is this a new engine variant for the 230? Give us the xDrive already.
      01-26-2022, 11:50 AM   #6
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
So nothing too exciting. Let's hope there's more to come this year.
The G87 is coming later this year!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 11:53 AM   #7
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Have a slot reserved?
      01-26-2022, 12:06 PM   #8
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
That's true but hopefully it won't be as heavy as the M240i
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:39 PM   #9
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

F90 in San Remo Green should be glorious, really want to see that. Wish that were available for the G8x
Appreciate 1
muzzalad268.50
      01-26-2022, 12:59 PM   #10
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
hard to come out with too much new fire with chip issues still looming and looking to get worst before they get better (+ supply chain issues etc...)
You guys are going to have to deal with shortages all year. At least last year you had some physical inventory starting the year off. When do you think dealers will eventually be able to build up some inventory, this year looks like it is going to be bad?
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      01-26-2022, 01:43 PM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
You guys are going to have to deal with shortages all year. At least last year you had some physical inventory starting the year off. When do you think dealers will eventually be able to build up some inventory, this year looks like it is going to be bad?
yea another tough year. In a way it helps with pricing obv bc we dont have to worry about haggling its just MSRP. The bad news as you stated no inventory. But we are hoping things turn around but based off some articles Im reading and the push to get more funding for the chip issues for everyone I am not sure if things will get back anytime soon.

the problem is from what I read, the chip makers make more off the chips that go into computer such items more so then auto so they are prioritizing those over auto which is also causing issues. Who knows all we can do is roll with the punches and go from there!

in the meantime we do blow out warranties for everyone on the forums so we can at least still hook you all up with those as we have been for years now.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 02:16 PM   #12
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Hasn't Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go for the X3 been available before the chip shortage? Is this a new feature for the X3 or just something that will be available again?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 03:07 PM   #13
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Hasn't Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go for the X3 been available before the chip shortage? Is this a new feature for the X3 or just something that will be available again?
in Canada 30i's cannot get 'Advanced Driver Assistance pkg' only the M40i's ... unsure about other markets...

so this is them I think saying come mid model year (22) that they will be available again on the 30i's
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 03:29 PM   #14
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
I expected at least a watch app or something for the MyBMW app. The charging stuff is cool, but feels very soft.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 07:02 PM   #15
ShockArrival
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Search

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Some sweet F90 colors on deck!
      01-26-2022, 09:09 PM   #16
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
So are we getting any special M specific model for 50th yr celebration?

So far its just some badge package and historic colors.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 09:52 PM   #17
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

230i with a limited slip? That's a pretty nice combo. Lighter than the 240 for sure and with a lsd, could make for a fun daily if you roll solo most of the time. I.e. don't need the back seats. Hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 05:32 PM   #18
muzzalad
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 530d xDrive Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
F90 in San Remo Green should be glorious, really want to see that. Wish that were available for the G8x
It does look good on the 5 series.

I did mine as an individual order...
https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1876556

Name:  IMG_5646.jpg
Views: 3856
Size:  1.09 MB
Attached Images

2015 BMW M135i (F20)
Instagram SanRemoGreen_5Touring

Last edited by muzzalad; 01-28-2022 at 05:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 12:39 PM   #19
MALOW_
Private
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40d MY21

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
My 21 X4 has ACC with S&G. I can imagine it is coming back.
Appreciate 0