bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior, Interior, Lighting)

02-03-2022, 06:33 PM   #1
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i x Mercedes CLS550

M Performance Carbon front lip, spoiler, door sills - PreInstalled Pics

Installed pics here https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1898305

Finally got my carbon goodies delivered! Took some pics incase people wanted to see what they looked like.

Probably won't be able to get them on for a week or two so if anyone wants pics of certain items or angles let me know.

All front lip pieces come with pre applied 3m tape, I have a feeling it get's installed over the pre existing lip since there really is no bottom to it. The corners of it have foam pads for where it meets the two side pieces.

Side pieces have m performance written on the underside, they also have weight shaving holes cut out to make it even lighter lol

Door sills are not new for this series so there's plenty of pics online, they come with new tabs in case you need them.

Rear spoiler looks like it takes 1/4 3m tape, there's not much surface area for the tape but it also weight nothing. The inside of the spoiler looks a little crappy and still has what I'm assuming is bits of release liner inside.

Ordered everything from https://www.bmwpartswholesale.com/
Attached Images

'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL

Last edited by Vudumonkey25; 02-21-2022 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 7
      02-03-2022, 09:01 PM   #2
gp_solo2
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Thanks for posting. Do you think the front corner pieces can be installed without the center piece? Leaving the existing rubber lip instead?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 09:10 PM   #3
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_solo2 View Post
Thanks for posting. Do you think the front corner pieces can be installed without the center piece? Leaving the existing rubber lip instead?
I will try to stick my head under there tomorrow after work or Saturday morning. I'll bring the part out there too.

I don't think they'll sit perfectly with the existing center piece cause of that new angled piece that's added. Although going back and looking at the pic it might not matter

We will see soon enough though
Appreciate 1
gp_solo2190.50
      02-04-2022, 04:38 AM   #4
aaron_k
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Does the front lip use all existing mounting locations? Or will you have to drill into anything?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #5
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We had a slush storm today and it's dark out so tomorrow I can look better. I think you would need to cut the stock center piece. It looks/felt like it continued all the way to the end just under the bumper.

Will confirm tomorrow when there's more light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_k View Post
Does the front lip use all existing mounting locations? Or will you have to drill into anything?
I will get some better pics from under and bring the pieces out to the garage tomorrow, BUT it looks like it uses all existing mounting locations.

if you look at the side extensions they have the major mounting points but in the cut outs there's access to the more forward mounting locations. Tomorrow when I get more under pics you'll see what I mean even better
Attached Images

'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL
Appreciate 2
aaron_k22.50
gp_solo2190.50
      02-05-2022, 11:53 AM   #6
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
After looking today with the lip out their I think you will have to do some trimming. The side pieces use the mounting locations for the original lip which continues out of sight under the car all the way to the edge. I think you'd have to cut a few inches of what is visible on the front lip to make it work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_k View Post
I'm 99% sure you use all existing mounting locations even for the side pieces. There looked to be a bolt at every mounting hole on center and out side pieces
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
aaron_k22.50
gp_solo2190.50
      02-05-2022, 01:29 PM   #7
aaron_k
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudumonkey25 View Post
After looking today with the lip out their I think you will have to do some trimming. The side pieces use the mounting locations for the original lip which continues out of sight under the car all the way to the edge. I think you'd have to cut a few inches of what is visible on the front lip to make it work

I'm 99% sure you use all existing mounting locations even for the side pieces. There looked to be a bolt at every mounting hole on center and out side pieces
Awesome! Thanks for checking that out so fast!
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2022, 10:09 AM   #8
Ricochet48
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 RSX-S

Excited to see how this turns out. Great stuff!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 08:10 PM   #9
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

I really like the look of the trunk lip spoiler (duckbill?). that might be the only part I will be getting. tbh, adding the extra front lip will just be detrimental as I would have to worry about scraping it everywhere even on stock ride height.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2022, 01:04 PM   #10
Vancouver_M440
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5 Sedan

Did you ever get pics of the parts on your car yet?
Appreciate 1
G42Bama402.50
      02-16-2022, 01:41 PM   #11
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_M5 View Post
Did you ever get pics of the parts on your car yet?
Yea!
Black badge and some spoiler shots
https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1898885

Front Lip and spoiler. Scroll down to see some more photos in the thread too
https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1898305
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2022, 05:33 PM   #12
702MoxyBMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i purple

How did you intsall the Spoiler? I just received mine in the mail days ago but the fact that its hollow makes me wonder how to install it safely.

Thank you
      02-16-2022, 05:59 PM   #13
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702MoxyBMW View Post
How did you intsall the Spoiler? I just received mine in the mail days ago but the fact that its hollow makes me wonder how to install it safely.

Thank you
I had BMW do they install and they used Betalink. I planned on doing the install my self with tape but since I was having the shop do the front lip I just let them do the spoiler as well. G42Bama used 3m tape.

It's super light weight so I'm sure the 3m tape an handle it. Just make sure you really clean the spoiler before applying the tape. A adhesion promoter probably wouldn't hurt either.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 06:08 PM   #14
702MoxyBMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yes, I am going to bring it to the dealership for the install to be safe. I just saw your post today and I ordered the door light projectors as well. Your car looks great! My car looks just like G42Bama except I have blacked out wheels. I need to get a ceramic coating done in the next month.
      02-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #15
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I am going to bring it to the dealership for the install to be safe. I just saw your post today and I ordered the door light projectors as well. Your car looks great! My car looks just like G42Bama except I have blacked out wheels. I need to get a ceramic coating done in the next month.

The door projectors are super easy to install. Like I said in the other thread just rotating the slides so they project the direction you want took the longest amount of time, and I still did both sides in under 5min.

Looking forward to some pics when you get it installed!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 01:59 AM   #16
702MoxyBMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Here is one question. I am home looking at the spoiler and the edges of the spoiler don't seem to line up with the trunk hood based on how it appears. I could be missing something but its seems like a strange fitment from what I see between the part and the car.

Thoughts?
      02-17-2022, 08:17 AM   #17
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here is one question. I am home looking at the spoiler and the edges of the spoiler don't seem to line up with the trunk hood based on how it appears. I could be missing something but its seems like a strange fitment from what I see between the part and the car.

Thoughts?
I took some pics this morning. It kind of overhangs and is flush with the top of the trunk. The side pics you can see the trunk line it follows
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-10-2022, 04:27 PM   #18
JDM_240
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i (Thundernight)

After seeing the carbon lip in person, I am waiting for a better constructed option. The center part has a hard edge similar to the rubber lip pre-attached. This scares me as when you bump that or if you pull into a spot too far and that catches on a barrier, you will split that in half. The M5 3-piece will poke out then wrap under the bumper to create a more streamline and durable lip.
I was also hoping someone would just make a carbon replacement for the black plastic piece but I guess time will tell there.
I will personally be waiting for Vorsteiner or even just a 1 piece before spending over 2k this.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:46 PM   #19
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

51-19-5-A51-348 is the spoiler part number and bmw uses the betalink kit for installation others have used 3m tape

Just search that product number on all the bmw part sites, ecs, ind etc

Beat of luck I've heard it's sold out most places and on backordered until an unspecified date
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 06:31 PM   #20
BMWMFanM240i
Rep
Drives: M240i

Looks amazing. I have one available. I didn't end up taking delivery of my M240i, so I have the part. It took calling about 10 dealers and it being backordered online to find it:

https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...Carbon+spoiler
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 03:35 PM   #21
702MoxyBMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudumonkey25 View Post
51-19-5-A51-348 is the spoiler part number and bmw uses the betalink kit for installation others have used 3m tape

Just search that product number on all the bmw part sites, ecs, ind etc

Beat of luck I've heard it's sold out most places and on backordered until an unspecified date
So I am looking at installing this spoiler and the company I was going to is worried the contact points are minimal so it might fall off. what is your experience so far using the 3M tape and driving hard while installed so far?
      04-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #22
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I used the beta link/dealer install

Other forum member G42Bama used 3m tape. So far in his recent pics it's still on
Appreciate 0