home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-03-2022, 12:14 AM   #1
thom2112
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Seats too soft

Hello, I just got my thundernight M240i a few weeks ago and im still breaking it in. I have about 800 miles right now and a problem I find is that i can't find a comfortable seating position. I have the base sensatec seats and no matter how I adjust height, angle, position, etc I never feel like i'm in the seat, rather it feels like i'm sitting on the seat and sliding off. When taking corners I have to flex my legs to keep from sliding around. And i find myself sinking into the seat, I feel like it doesn't hold me up properly (I weigh 170 lbs ). (And yes I know these aren't necessarily sport or bucket seats and I don't expect to be held solid while cornering at high speeds). I don't know where I am going with this but i just wanted to see if anyone has a similar issue or maybe any solutions. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 03:49 AM   #2
Gavatron1
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom2112 View Post
Hello, I just got my thundernight M240i a few weeks ago and im still breaking it in. I have about 800 miles right now and a problem I find is that i can't find a comfortable seating position. I have the base sensatec seats and no matter how I adjust height, angle, position, etc I never feel like i'm in the seat, rather it feels like i'm sitting on the seat and sliding off. When taking corners I have to flex my legs to keep from sliding around. And i find myself sinking into the seat, I feel like it doesn't hold me up properly (I weigh 170 lbs ). (And yes I know these aren't necessarily sport or bucket seats and I don't expect to be held solid while cornering at high speeds). I don't know where I am going with this but i just wanted to see if anyone has a similar issue or maybe any solutions. Thank you.
I found mine with the same seats similar to you at first. However they either wear in a little or I got use to them. Not an issue now for me. If I was building from scratch I would probably go with the extra M performance seats. You will be fine
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 09:29 AM   #3
kel445
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Do you have the code for the M Performance Seats and the price? Can they be added individually or must they be ordered only as part of a package?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 05:02 AM   #4
Gavatron1
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel445 View Post
Do you have the code for the M Performance Seats and the price? Can they be added individually or must they be ordered only as part of a package?
I think it depends in what region you are in.

The seats we have as standard are a 7/10. The M performance seat provide more bolstering around the shoulders and sides. All can be adjusted to suit individually.

Here in Australia the seat option to upgrade to the M performance seat is around $3,700.
Appreciate 1
kel44576.00
      03-07-2022, 11:40 AM   #5
Hendo741
Chief Petty Officer
Rep
Drives: 22 M4CX / 22 X3MC

The US doesn't offer M sport seats as an option. I agree the bottom seat bolster are next to useless. One of the many reasons I'm upgrading (if it ever shows up)...
Appreciate 1
kel44576.00