BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-11-2022, 08:21 AM   #1
beamer-dreamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i, Volvo V60 XC

how does wireless charging show up on VIN decoder?

So i'm happy my car was produced this week, a few of us made progress.

this morning i checked on https://bimmer.work/ and entered my VIN.. and i was happy to see the detailed report of my car, and confirm that it's my spec...

it lists satellite radio and HK sound etc...

but my question for those who have gotten a car... with wireless charging is do you see an entry for wireless charging on the VIN report of your car?

because my report doesn't mention it being there, nor does it mention it was removed, as lumbar support for passenger
Appreciate 1
Caerus534.50
      03-11-2022, 08:32 AM   #2
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamer-dreamer View Post
So i'm happy my car was produced this week, a few of us made progress.

this morning i checked on https://bimmer.work/ and entered my VIN.. and i was happy to see the detailed report of my car, and confirm that it's my spec...

it lists satellite radio and HK sound etc...

but my question for those who have gotten a car... with wireless charging is do you see an entry for wireless charging on the VIN report of your car?

because my report doesn't mention it being there, nor does it mention it was removed, as lumbar support for passenger
It should show the option 6NW on the list of options if you have the wireless charger. I had to have my dealer manually add it in the ordering system even though it was supposed to be standard
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-11-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
beamer-dreamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I answered my own question

i found a VIN for a car produced in Nov

if your car as Wireless charging it will list 6NW "Telephony With Wireless Charging"

Also looks like Wifi Hotspot is missing from my car

i'm not particularly mad about this more curious and sharing the info for those who want to check their own cars
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 08:37 AM   #4
beamer-dreamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i tried to add it back in and my dealer refused, even before the production started...and they blamed me for not knowing what i wanted... when i ordered the car... even though when i ordered it, it was a standard feature...

needless to say.. i don't particularly care for my dealership
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 08:46 AM   #5
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i tried to add it back in and my dealer refused, even before the production started...and they blamed me for not knowing what i wanted... when i ordered the car... even though when i ordered it, it was a standard feature...

needless to say.. i don't particularly care for my dealership
thats a bunch of B.S. They should've been able to add it in before your order reached status 150.

Unfortunately, a lot of dealers seem to be incapable including mine. I had to be on the phone with them every day for a week after I put the deposit down until I got confirmation that the order sheet was exactly per my build spec. In my case, they had wheel locks and floor mats added (which I didnt even ask for) but not the wireless charging until I noticed it on mybmw app and called them to remove those options and add wireless charging.

In a normal world, we shouldn't have to fall behind them to ensure all the options were added per our spec.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2022, 08:52 AM   #6
beamer-dreamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

unrelated question... did your car show up on your phone app of mybmw before you took delivery? mine's in final assembly, but doesn't show up in mybmw app
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 09:15 AM   #7
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
unrelated question... did your car show up on your phone app of mybmw before you took delivery? mine's in final assembly, but doesn't show up in mybmw app
Small correction on my end. I was able to see it on the mybmw.com but not in the app.

You could add your vehicle once you have a production number (dont need the VIN)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 09:20 AM   #8
AppraiserGuy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:

if your car as Wireless charging it will list 6NW "Telephony With Wireless Charging"

i'm not particularly mad about this more curious and sharing the info for those who want to check their own cars
Just checked and mine is also missing these to "standard features". Perhaps BMW will offer a discount for missing standard features! (sometimes I just type silly things...)
Appreciate 1
Caerus534.50
      03-11-2022, 09:51 AM   #9
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 94 6spd turbo Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppraiserGuy View Post
Quote:

Just checked and mine is also missing these to "standard features". Perhaps BMW will offer a discount for missing standard features! (sometimes I just type silly things...)
They may be "no charge" items but the sales manager still has to add them into the build when he modifies the allocation. Same thing with XM sat radio
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 02:22 PM   #10
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Same here, missing those items as well. I never used wireless charging on my other vehicles, so I won't miss it here. Thanks for the thread.

I don't see ZAX either or any of the Z items. Makes me question the accuracy of this VIN decoder.

Last edited by Caerus; 03-11-2022 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0