Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Exclamation

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I saw pics of the car without camo just now, someone who works at BMW showed them to me. They just received one at their development center. Essentially, front headlights are the same as the 2 series with a vent integrated into the bottom corners, as we have seen in some of the renders. Honestly kind of disappointed, as I was told the lights would be completely different, but it looks good nevertheless. Laser lights are more than likely coming as an option.

Front bumper looks wayyyy more elegant than the spy pics from China. Bottom side vents stick out very far and make the front end look very aggressive. The grill doesn't stick out as far as we have seen; was more of a relaxed shape rather than a cookie cut shape.

The side skirts are body colored and have an interesting shape behind the doors that points upwards and attaches to the rear quarter. Looks good and also interesting. Kind of hard to explain, but it was a relief seeing it body colored. It seems kind of like a piece that will eventually be an M performance part. Can't say I've seen an M car with a side skirt design like this before though.

Carbon buckets inside.

Updated with new Information:

-Carbon roof has what looks like the traditional 1x1 weave pattern seen on the M3/4

-Rear bumper is pretty much dead on with the picture that has the front and rear bumper next to each other posted below

-This specific car has full black leather in the interior (seats included) and apparently the large screens of the iD8 don't look out of place
Attached Images

Last edited by Project_F87; 05-11-2022 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 49
Tag18122.00
JustinHEMI7441.00
chris7197331.50
solstice5456.50
Game7375.50
///M TOWN16074.00
SW192453.00
T_U_D6675.00
Jason40710.00
Yiruna393.50
amdmaxx119.00
Donolotti382.00
PS.08361.00
BAN_M2C4178.00
WWM3964.00
spuntyb4054.50
Hedoniste3820.50
AndrewC198910910.50
EXE462100.00
IronEgg103.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
nathanm4682.00
H_T149.50
ddnmkun153.50
GuyOh1067.00
Ibiza3596.00
Prodigy.697.50
Kankles1484.50
JTO245271.50
      04-29-2022, 07:10 PM   #2
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
So I saw pics of the car without camo just now, buddy of mine who works at BMW showed them to me. They just received one at their development center. Essentially, front headlights are the same as the 2 series with a vent integrated into the bottom corners, as we have seen in some of the renders. Honestly kind of disappointed, as I was told the lights would be completely different, but it looks good nevertheless. Laser lights are more than likely coming as an option.

Front bumper looks wayyyy more elegant than the spy pics from China. Bottom side vents stick out very far and make the front end look very aggressive. The grill doesn't stick out as far as we have seen; was more of a relaxed shape rather than a cookie cut shape.

The side skirts are body colored and have an interesting shape behind the doors that points upwards and attaches to the rear quarter. Looks good and also interesting. Kind of hard to explain, but it was a relief seeing it body colored. It seems kind of like a piece that will eventually be an M performance part. Can't say I've seen an M car with a side skirt design like this before though.

Carbon buckets inside.
Now I'm getting excited! I'm guessing you didn't see the rear, just front?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 07:11 PM   #3
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
So I saw pics of the car without camo just now, buddy of mine who works at BMW showed them to me. They just received one at their development center. Essentially, front headlights are the same as the 2 series with a vent integrated into the bottom corners, as we have seen in some of the renders. Honestly kind of disappointed, as I was told the lights would be completely different, but it looks good nevertheless. Laser lights are more than likely coming as an option.

Carbon buckets inside.
Now I'm getting excited! I'm guessing you didn't see the rear, just front?
Super excited also! Yeah just the front end and side of the car, will report back once I see the rear end

Last edited by Project_F87; 05-11-2022 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 5
Tag18122.00
chris7197331.50
Game7375.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
      04-29-2022, 07:13 PM   #4
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
Super excited also! Yeah just the front end and side of the car, will report back once he sees the rear end. He's going to get more looks on Monday
What color was the car in the pics you saw?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 07:13 PM   #5
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Super excited also! Yeah just the front end and side of the car, will report back once he sees the rear end. He's going to get more looks on Monday
What color was the car in the pics you saw?
It was that new super light baby blue looking color. Can't remember the name, what's it called again?
      04-29-2022, 07:15 PM   #6
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
It was that new super light baby blue looking color. Can't remember the name, what's it called again?
I know what you're talking about, but can't remember either and I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up. This just might be the launch color.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 07:25 PM   #7
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I know what you're talking about, but can't remember either and I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up. This just might be the launch color.
Hahaha yeah same
Yep I think it is the launch color. Looks really good honestly! I prob won't order in the color though
      04-29-2022, 08:18 PM   #8
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Zandvoort Blue (C6E) is interesting…
Quote:
Pale Blue Solid (Uni/Non-Metallic)
~
Appreciate 3
Tag18122.00
JustChris17483.00
Frosty779.00
      04-29-2022, 08:27 PM   #9
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Reminds me of the blue on the 2002 Hommage.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 08:42 PM   #10
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
You're not alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
M Zandvoort Blau (Uni) (BMW paint code C6E).
As recent tradition goes named after a race circuit. Will be interesting to see it on the forthcoming G87 M2.
AFAIK on the BMW 2002 Hommage Concept (2016) (see here and here) the body color was apparently coined "Space Race Metal".
Quote:
Appreciate 2
Tag18122.00
F32Fleet3566.00
      04-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #11
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Quote:
You're not alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
M Zandvoort Blau (Uni) (BMW paint code C6E).
As recent tradition goes named after a race circuit. Will be interesting to see it on the forthcoming G87 M2.
AFAIK on the BMW 2002 Hommage Concept (2016) (see here and here) the body color was apparently coined "Space Race Metal".
Quote:
Looks very similar for sure, second picture especially
SW192453.00
      04-29-2022, 09:24 PM   #12
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:

Carbon buckets inside.
Recurring theme…
Attached Images

Last edited by lemetier; 04-30-2022 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 8
solstice5456.50
BMWGirlFL6265.00
SW192453.00
Blau364.00
Ibiza3596.00
Frosty779.00
      04-29-2022, 09:26 PM   #13
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Carbon buckets inside.
Recurring theme…
Bingo!! Looks extremely similar to these designs, especially the first one
Tag18122.00
SW192453.00
AndyinHou479.00
      04-29-2022, 10:29 PM   #14
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Oh, that is nice!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 11:26 PM   #15
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Carbon buckets inside.
Recurring theme…
Front and rear have heavy influence from the M Vision Next
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
02M3ForMe4257.00
BMWGirlFL6265.00
mtlknyc13.50
Ibiza3596.00
JTO245271.50
Frosty779.00
      04-29-2022, 11:28 PM   #16
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:

Carbon buckets inside.
Interesting. I'm going through the prototype pics again and clearly see what you're talking about with the side skirts. Didn't notice that before. Seems like it'd look odd since there's a gap between where the side skirt goes up the fender and the front door. Wonder why they decided to do this design with the side skirts.

Also, were the vents under the headlights black or body colored?
Appreciate 1
Game7375.50
      04-29-2022, 11:38 PM   #17
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
Quote:

Carbon buckets inside.
Interesting. I'm going through the prototype pics again and clearly see what you're talking about with the side skirts. Didn't notice that before. Seems like it'd look odd since there's a gap between where the side skirt goes up the fender and the front door. Wonder why they decided to do this design with the side skirts.

Yeah it's weird for sure. I think everyone overlooked it but it sticks out now hahah

And the vents were gloss black. Guessing they're for the intakes but who knows lol
      04-29-2022, 11:44 PM   #18
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Carbon buckets inside.

Yeah it's weird for sure. I think everyone overlooked it but it sticks out now hahah

And the vents were gloss black. Guessing they're for the intakes but who knows lol
Thanks for the info. Sounds like overall it's looking good so far , pending the rear shot….

Were the wheels unique to the m2 or did they come off the g80 M3?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 11:51 PM   #19
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Carbon buckets inside.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like overall it's looking good so far , pending the rear shot….

Were the wheels unique to the m2 or did they come off the g80 M3?
Of course! I'll update as I see more

And they look very similar but I believe they're unique to the G87. Even my POC was telling me they're different but pending confirmation
      04-30-2022, 12:10 AM   #20
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Front and rear have heavy influence from the M Vision Next
The swirls are definitely effective in hiding that, I can’t see it, not even a mild influence is obvious to me other than the boxy outlines.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 12:29 AM   #21
solstice
Major General
Rep

Is it known if leather dash and door sides will be an option? It’s not a big deal if not but that’s the only luxury item I miss in our M240i. Is it an option for the F87?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 04:41 AM   #22
apexes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:

Carbon buckets inside.
Was the front design on the intake and grille as boxy as they appear?

2023 M3 - Grigio Telesto Pearl
Appreciate 0