E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Back passanger footwell pooled with water

02-10-2023, 04:15 AM   #1
Tery
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Hello, I have a 2007 BMW 328i E90. We had an ice storm in december and I think the pressure of all the ice melting just kinda forced its way through. My car is never wet inside when it rains though. Anyway does anyone know what’s under the carpet?

It took me a couple of days to dry and I had to stick rags with a spoon handle in my vents under the seat to get all the water out. I finally got it all out after a couple of days but noticed my dash isn’t lit up anymore but my radio and A/C controls were doing what it normally does. i’ve tried to go outside to go start the car but found out it’s now dead. That’s all I really know on it right now, don’t have tools so I can’t really get where I want to at the moment but if anyone could tell me a experience similar and if it’s repairable that would be great because I don’t want to get it towed away for $423.

Edit: I forgot to mention but when it rains normally water never gets in. and I also just found out yesterday that the carpet is still wet and causing condensation all over the car for days and I looked by the junction function fuse box to see a little bit of water drops on top and it’s just looks like moisture. my dash no longer works like I mentioned but I seem to be missing the fuse I think button left third one is I think for your dash. (I think).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 10:41 PM   #2
Dan [Sac]
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 Si

If it's like the E39, you might be hosed. Some twat biscuit hit-n-ran my RR door, disturbing the door seal rubbers and rain flooded my right rear floor. A boatload of body control modules happened to be under there, along with significant bus and ground bars. Hope they got wiser, but chances are you'll have to pull the carpet and reaaally dry everything and remove rust/oxidation.

Try this for a bit of reading
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1823118

Edit - one more link with a downloadable PDF on electronics.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468137

Check your trunk as well, pull all carpets up - looks like the E90 has more trunk-located pricy bits.

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 02-12-2023 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
Tery0.00
      02-13-2023, 12:16 PM   #3
uber
uber driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

Same thing happened to my car one rain season. The culprit was the rubber door seal. The tubular seal looked like it had a bite taken out of it. I replaced it and the problem went away.
Appreciate 0