E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 930B9B Front passenger seat occupancy detection, voltage supply: Short circuit to neg

10-27-2023, 11:25 AM   #1
pa3ck
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 318D

930B9B Front passenger seat occupancy detection, voltage supply: Short circuit to neg

Hi,

I'm getting the error code shown in title. I was told by my mechanic that the seat mat needs to be replaced, I was told it's a common problem and they aren't cheap to change and they can easily break. So I decided to get an emulator today. I sent the shop my VIN and based on that they sen't me an emulator, which I installed today. I think the installation was done correctly, since even if the seat is empty, I'm getting the seat belt chime (I haven't installed the seat belt bypass yet). When I go to delete the error with Carista, it says the error was successfully deleted but it came back. So I drove to my local mechanic to get him to delete the code with his scanner (thought maybe Carista wasn't able to remove it) and he said the same thing, can't remove it. I'm now completely lost. Any idea what can cause this to happen? Can I maybe somehow code out the whole thing? I don't have kids, so I'm not worried about getting rid of the whole system.

I have a 2013 BMW F30 318D - EU version.

Thank you, any help is appreciated!

EDIT: Sorry, wrong section, I didn't realize I was in the e90 topic, I don't seem to have the option to remove my post.

Last edited by pa3ck; 10-27-2023 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0