F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 injector shutoff 14011
ARMA SPEED

01-12-2024, 07:19 PM   #1
instantcrow
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 n55

N55 injector shutoff 14011

Have a 2015 F30 N55 with eu6 injectors. Car has 115k miles, and had original ignition coils, was running perfectly. I replaced the valve cover due to gasket leak. I also installed new OEM Bosch plugs. This went perfectly swell, and I was sure to seal off the injectors to prevent debris contamination.

Then upon first startup, I immediately had a misfire in cylinder 3 and got the associated codes with Bimmerlink. I swapped the #3 coil to #1 cylinder and then got a misfire in #1 and "multiple cylinder misfires," fuel spoiling the exhaust code, and injector shutoff 14011.

I installed a new OEM coil in cylinder #1, and then had misfires in cylinder #2, #4 and the injector shutoff remained.

So, I installed replaced all the coils with OEM. I know, I hate throwing parts at a car, but I figured it eventually needed new coils regardless.

And, now it still runs with rough idle and the code "injector shutoff" code, which is not erasable with Bimmerlink, persists. But I don't get a misfire code yet. Mind you I haven't driven it on road yet.

I'm beginning to think it might be an injector. Before I throw more parts, e.g. six new EU6 injectors, I'd like to fine-tune my diagnosis.

1. should I run ISTA to further diagnose which injector might be bad?
2. is it possible that the injector shutoff code just needs a reset? and, if so, how do I do that?

Any advice is much appreciate.

cheers,

instant
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 08:24 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

I would still be a little suspicious of plugs. It's fairly common to crack a plug during install, were you using the correct socket or ujoint? The crack can be invisible. It would be a little weird you dont have a misfire code with it, but i think its possible to have a plug cause a misfire and then injector shutoff as a result. Just something to consider before injectors. It's also possible the coil issues fouled plug(s).
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 08:50 PM   #3
instantcrow
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 n55

I used the proper socket and torqued them to spec with a good torque wrench. Maybe I'll pull the plugs and inspect. If they're wet with fuel it might tell me something.

I'm most curious whether it's worth getting ISTA to read further details about faults.

thanks
Appreciate 0