E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Thor Wifi Adaptor with BMW Standard Tools and ISTA

01-26-2024, 09:42 AM   #1
Dynamics99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 & E90 335i 6MT MSport

Thor Wifi Adaptor with BMW Standard Tools and ISTA

Hi,

I was able to get the Thor Wifi adaptor to work with INPA/NCS Expert and ISTA since I got tired of the cable. I was able to read codes from ISTA and code in parameters using NCS Expert and NCS Dummy without issues.

You can download the file attached and you will be making a backup for the api32.dll files in the respective EDIABAS folder for the Standard Tools and ISTA.

I'm using Windows Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro so I have the location set to
C:\BOOTCAMP\EDIABAS\Bin

but your regular PC should be C:\EDIABAS\Bin

In this folder, you will see there is an api32.dll file. Rename it to api32_backup.dll so you have a backup in case you want to revert.

You could also do a backup of the EdiabasLib config file if needed but I did not.

Once the backups are done insert the modified files from the download into the C:\EDIABAS\Bin folder.

This takes care of the Standard tools (INPA/NCS Expert etc.)

Now for ISTA, it was a bit confusing looking at other forums but I ended up finding an EDIABAS Bin folder for ISTA.

The location is C:\EC-APPS\ISTA\Ediabas\Bin

Make a backup for the api32.dll file. I couldn't find an EdiabasLib config file so I did not make a backup for that. Insert the modified files into the Bin folder.

To test make sure you are connected to the Thor adapter (Thor_WiFi). INPA should be working.

For ISTA you can run a vehicle identification test and it should work. I was able to code my NFRM and KMBI modules without issues and it's quick.

EdiabasLib (1).zip
Appreciate 2
      05-28-2024, 08:25 AM   #2
derMaggus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW: E91 320iA

Garage List
anyone had luck with the MHD UNI (red) adaptor through virtualbox?

Copied the Api32.dll and edibaslib.config to edibas/bin directory. I'm curios if the everything is right cause windows didn't asked me to replace the api32.dll due to the different writing (api32.dll from factory vs. Api32.dll from ediabaslib).
Appreciate 0