E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New clutch doesn't disengage

06-23-2024, 09:04 PM   #1
Cole335
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i e92 2008

Garage List
2008 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
The DKM organic twin disc clutch & flywheel kit in my 2008 e92 335i started slipping. I contacted the manufacturer they sent me out a new pressure plate, mid plate, and new discs at a discount. I sent them my flywheel and they resurfaced it & sent it back. I installed the resurfaced flywheel and new clutch assembly, along with a new clutch fork, throw out bearing, pivot pin, pilot bearing, and slave cylinder. Greased the input shaft splines, and the transmission went in smoothly, diddnt have to force it much. Everything was finished and I started the car but it wouldn't go into gear. I turned it off and it went into all gears smoothly, put the car back on jackstands and turned it on. It goes into gear but drives the wheels even when clutch petal fully pressed down, wheels don't spin in neutral but the clutch doesn't seem to be seporating the flywheel from friction discs when depressed. the system is fully bled and the petal feels just like normal but doesn't seem to disengage the clutch. Took the trans & clutch back off to inspect everything and it was just fine. no burrs on the splines and everything in the bellhousing looked great.

Thoughts or any ideas ?

also worth noting previous owner had a shop install the clutch originally and it went out prematurely around 25k miles. it was even burning up when you start the car and let it idle in neutral you could smell it & a few days before i dropped it there was a slight chatter sound (i was not using the car for transportation once it started slipping just test drove a few times for diagnosis)
Appreciate 0