E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 2011 335i PPK Tune

08-25-2024, 10:52 AM   #1
bm333
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i n55

2011 335i PPK Tune

This is my first post on here so please let me know if I am in the wrong section. I have a 2011 335i and I have noticed over the past year that the throttle response is pretty bad on it. It’s not turbo lag because it literally takes like a second at times for the engine to react to me pressing in the throttle. I’ve heard that the ppk tune really helps to improve throttle response on these motors so I want to try and get it coded aftermarket. The one problem is that people on here say that they mainly used to go through joe at Topgearsolutions but they have stopped doing remote coding as of last year. And I’ve looked into trying to do it myself but the software for DIY is really tough to find these days. I wanted to know if anyone else had delt with these problems or knows of a good way to do the tune myself. I have MHD and I’ve seen people say you can flash the ppk tune as a custom map but I don’t know where to find the files for this.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2024, 11:39 AM   #2
scotthilly
scotthilly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm333 View Post
I have MHD and I’ve seen people say you can flash the ppk tune as a custom map but I don’t know where to find the files for this.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Hey man. If you check these forums there's a mega file for the MHD PPK flash. Additionally, there's a comapny called sf********* (or something similar) that does the PPK remotely for $200 if you have the correct cable.

Lastly, you can do what I did - I bought the PPK on ebay from a german company for $300, then got my dealer to install it for $100. Obviously slightly more, but I felt it was worth it for the sticker and paperwork. Additionally - I had the ppk from the previous owner flashing it remotely, but it went away after a software update.

So while it is more, the ebay code / dealer install combo ensures it'll be officially on the car forever. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2024, 01:19 AM   #3
Showda711
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 335i n55, 2003 330i zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthilly View Post
Hey man. If you check these forums there's a mega file for the MHD PPK flash. Additionally, there's a comapny called sf********* (or something similar) that does the PPK remotely for $200 if you have the correct cable.

Lastly, you can do what I did - I bought the PPK on ebay from a german company for $300, then got my dealer to install it for $100. Obviously slightly more, but I felt it was worth it for the sticker and paperwork. Additionally - I had the ppk from the previous owner flashing it remotely, but it went away after a software update.

So while it is more, the ebay code / dealer install combo ensures it'll be officially on the car forever. Hope this helps.
I literally just did the PPK flash with sf****** in person. I paid $120 for in person. Remote is $160 with the right cables. The ppk has nice burbles.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2024, 11:21 PM   #4
darkfires102
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '09 335xi

Hi, for future reference. The PPK tune is easily flashable for FREE/cheap DIY on pre 3/2012 cars. Needs $20 cable and download of BMW standard tools. No good sources are available anymore due to Bimmergeeks no longer providing downloads. There's no reason to pay for a service to do this flash.