E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Dreaded Eml light

Today, 02:43 AM   #1
vegget
Registered
Rep
Drives: f80

Dreaded Eml light

I have m52tu bmw 323ci manual with a eml light and traction control light that is on.It is also in limp mode.the car idles fine but when throttle is applied the lights come on when the car is started.The codes that are read are Digital Motor Electronics (DME), activation, engine throttle. I was advised that there is a connection issue between the hybrid electrical/ pull by wire throttle body that the m52tu has and the dme somewhere.

Diagnostics tests I’ve done:

check the throttle harness and it looks completely fine.

Replaced the the throttle body

TPS reset procedure (this lead to the car idling perfectly and revd to 7k with no lights but quickly returned to limp mode and lights seconds later)

Checked all fuses in dme

I’ve hit a dead end as to how else I could troubleshoot this issue. Any insight from the techs or enthusiasts would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0