E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Got some GREAT news

09-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
jdsboston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi MonacoBlue 6spdmanual

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Thumbs up Got some GREAT news

Hey guys, I wanted to update you on the 330XI I bought CPO on 7/31 that turned out to have a few minor but very annoying issues. Thanks to some amazing help from my new local BMW dealer I got the CPO BMW dealer to take care of all of this work prepaid up front and locally at my local BMW dealer. SWEET HUH!!! I dropped the car off today to start the body work and next week I will have two new rear tires and the car should be back to 100%. I will name some names and give my local dealer some HUGE props once the whole thing is done and paid for next week.

Until then just wanted to give a quick recap and update as the car just went into the shop today (9/11):

(1) the wheelset and tires
I got the staggered 162 ZSP wheelset but when I got it home to DC I noticed that they had put 225s on the rear!! It was a total WTF! moment and I raised some hell as I thought they had put an 18x8.0 square rimset all around. Hard to believe but when we finally took one of the rears off this week we found that they had stretched a 225 onto an 18.8.5 rear rim. It was a really embarrassing moment for the CPO dealer (and it actually really helped me get their attention on some other fronts)

(2) badly mutzed up bumpers
When I bought the car they mentioned "we just repainted the bumpers" and goddamn I should have looked more closely. I wanted to send a HUGE THANKS out to Raja for his help on this. Raja and I got together to look over the car a few weeks back and he pointed out how bad it really was -- there were visible sanding marks on the rear bumper. Well with that I brought it to my local BMW body shop and when the manager and I went over the car he pointed out that the headlight washer sprayers on the front bumper had BOTH been sprayed shut. Can you believe it?!?! He actually "tore open" one of the sprayers with his fingernail and we took some photos. I will share the snaps later as mentioned above once this is all done. Needless to say this was a huge gaffe and I used it once again to my advantage...

(3) chewed up interior b-pillar panel
I swear the interior panels on the pillars of these cars are covered with something that hovers just two grades above pantyhose. seriously, it's very fragile fabric and not a very good choice by the BMW interior design folks. Well I had missed some very bad wear and tear on the passenger-side B pillar interior panel -- the seatbelt had been let loose so often that it had sliced into the fabric in six or seven places. typical clutzy pre-owner / absent minded passenger stuff. after what we had found out above, this was also fixed for free. It's like a $40 part and even less to install it so it was no problem.

Needless to say getting the CPO dealer to agree to pay for all three of these took a huge amount of time. Agreeing to pay for it was one thing but getting the plan into action took some major ass-chewing. All that said, now that the plans are underway and the whole thing is being prepaid and is basically free to me I can tell you it was really worth it. I will get the car back next week and should have two perfectly refinished bumpers, two new Michelin 255 RFTs and back to 100%.

To celebrate, I bought one of those sweet little lips for the front airdam and am having them match it to the front bumper = pumped.

Next up...gotta put in the UUC EVO3 and dump this sucker.

Thanks for all your help, comments and advice over the past few weeks guys especially Raja as it was a lot easier to battle the CPO turkies with all of your help.

FINAL SCORE:
jdsboston 5
cpo dealer 0

More details once we're done and the car is completely fixed.

/yosh
~ I'm new to Seattle so pls drop a PM. BMW CCA#424403

Last edited by jdsboston; 09-11-2009 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Great News !

You can now enter your car in the shine and show contest at the Chapterfest on 26th.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
E93SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Space Gray

Great to hear everything works out for you. Hope to catch you again next social ..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Glad to hear there's a decent dealer willing to "step up" when the time calls for it ......

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
jdsboston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E93SC View Post
Great to hear everything works out for you. Hope to catch you again next social ..
thanks bro. and by the way i liked your lip so much i got one for mine too!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
jdsboston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntense135i View Post
Great News !

You can now enter your car in the shine and show contest at the Chapterfest on 26th.
will definitely try. might invite my cousin to join as well as he's in town that weekend to visit his girlfriend.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
jdsboston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
Glad to hear there's a decent dealer willing to "step up" when the time calls for it ......
man you said it. i am so impressed with my new local dealer. they are just amazing. i am totally sold on working with these guys. it was like well bringing the car to a quality hotel from start to finish. there was just no comparison to the service experience i had at another dealer in the area.

most important wasn't the facilities but as you said the people there were really keenly interested in what i needed help with and they were ready and on board with helping me get it done.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
My last dealer/SA, parts dept. & I had a great working relationship. Hell, so good I was able to get the majority of my parts @ near cost plus 10% off thru BMWCCA.
Anyway, an occasional gift certificate at Xmas was more than warranted & I never felt obligated to do so.
The point I'm trying to make is it doesn't hurt to acknowledge their (dealers) compliance even though they are morally/contractually obligated. We all know it's rare enough to find .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsboston View Post
man you said it. i am so impressed with my new local dealer. they are just amazing. i am totally sold on working with these guys. it was like well bringing the car to a quality hotel from start to finish. there was just no comparison to the service experience i had at another dealer in the area.

most important wasn't the facilities but as you said the people there were really keenly interested in what i needed help with and they were ready and on board with helping me get it done.

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #9
aesfah
Max Powers
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Sorry, I may have missed it, but can you post the name of your dealer and/or SA? You can PM me if you don't want to broadcast it. I'm always on the lookout for cooperative dealers! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
jdsboston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330XI  [0.00]
That's a good point. Recognizing good service breeds more of it. I am picking up the car tomorrow and very excited to have all the BS behind me. Will post some pics this weekend. /Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
My last dealer/SA, parts dept. & I had a great working relationship. Hell, so good I was able to get the majority of my parts @ near cost plus 10% off thru BMWCCA.
Anyway, an occasional gift certificate at Xmas was more than warranted & I never felt obligated to do so.
The point I'm trying to make is it doesn't hurt to acknowledge their (dealers) compliance even though they are morally/contractually obligated. We all know it's rare enough to find .......
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 06:34 AM   #11
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Always great to hear about doing good business and taking care of customers properly. Isn't it amazing how much of a good impression it leaves on you...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #12
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

wow! i am glad the dealer stepped up the game and took care of you.
that's great news.
Appreciate 0